Author Topic: Which order to learn tricks?  (Read 4280 times)

Offline DJspeed128

• Funky Chicken
Which order to learn tricks?
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:45:51 AM »
I've been riding for about a year now, about 10-30 minutes every day. Im definitly starting to ride more now that i got my new bike in.

But right now i have fork glides, tailwhip, halflash, dork wheelie, and fire hydrants down. I was wondering what trick/tricks i should really start to work on next, im working/wanting to work on backwards steamroller, and squeaker.

Also if i've been riding for about a year, am i learning pretty slow? I saw one guy who said he's on time machine and he's been riding for 3 years and thats slow lol. Thats like the last trick on Ground Rules lol. im still in like this begginer tricks...

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
Re: Which order to learn tricks?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:37:11 AM »
It's pretty good. 30 min a day is pretty slight. Try to ride 2 hours a day, in a few month you will experience pretty big changes! Keep on harder

Offline animal1

• Backpacker
  • PEG MOLESTER
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
i've been doing the same tricks.  Maybe try hang 5's and get frwd/backwrd steamrollers on lock because from what i've seen they seem like the stepping stones to bigger tricks.  I'm not sure though, I just started riding flat this week.  I wish i started riding flat 10 yrs ago it's so much fun   ;D
BALANCE CONTROL

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
The best advice is to ride Flatland the way you feel like doing it.....each of us are unique and progress at our own pace.  The amount of time and dedication you put into your riding will determine how fast you learn tricks and combos.  Learn whats comfortable for you and ask advice about tricks that you are having trouble with, TJ Perry (2flat2furious) has a thread for the beginner, check it out.
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 03:03:37 PM »
I think you're doing pretty good!

Certainly you have the building blocks for bigger and better tricks...the big thing is just time on the bike.

The more time you spend on your bike the better...!

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
Just click on the Tricks link at the top of the page, find one you like and practice, practice, practice. Most of those tricks are beginner and don't take long to dial in.
I'd say one of the most important is the Forward Steamroller. This trick is the gateway trick to many others and you can practice by just stepping into it then learn the ride in later.

Good luck!

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 07:24:42 PM »
go ahead and start learning forward steamrollers and hang 5's now.

I wasted too many years just figiting around with backwards pegwheelies and steam rollers.
I know not everyone is the same but for me going forwards, has opened many more doors.

Offline Randall Willis

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
you doing good,

Try  Side Squeakers, Squeakers, Karl Cruisers, Hang Five

Offline crcklnks

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
if your gonna do squeaks- think toward backward 5's, maybe try some crack... :P elephantglides, chicken, and dont forget your bike has a back wheel too; gyrators, stick-b...