Author Topic: Level Vibes results and photos  (Read 11722 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Level Vibes results and photos
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
This weekend after all these years Level Vibes finally made a comeback! James White organized the contest and also won it. Good job and congratulations!

Pro:
1st James White
2nd Effraim Catlow
3rd Phil Dolan

Expert:
1st Navid Saleki
2nd Lee Wilson
3rd Mizo
Photos: Level Vibes 2009 gallery

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: Level Vibes results and photos
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:36:21 PM »
where was matthias? where where the other pro riders?
this is the 2nd comp this year in England and again no international pro riders..
I wan't there too but, this seemed like an good contest, so kinda sad that other pro riders dont give attention to this comp...

Congrats Navid! :ph34r:

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:04:45 AM »
Yeeah I came 5th in expert :D

Wicked comp, bit of a shame that a couple more pros didn't enter, especially Viki who was tearing it up in the Pro jam! Thanks James for organising it, had a really good time for my first competition!

katobmx

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 01:12:25 AM »
Congrats James. nice looking comp...wheres Sam. I thought he'd be there. :huh:

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 01:19:10 AM »
Congrats James. nice looking comp...wheres Sam. I thought he'd be there. :huh:

He was but he didn't compete. He took part in the jam before the pro comp though, which i think was filmed.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 11:14:42 AM »
Props to James for bringing back!!
The Jam was safe idea - me dig!
Motivated me even more now.
Great to see V Gomez and all the other Dutch, Greek & French etc bringing over their flavour.
Viki Gomez is killing it.
My riding sucked, My OCD kicked in again, but had really Good day.
Nice to see Inke & Salvador throwing it down, bright times ahead.
 :beer:

Flat-ism

Offline nobleman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »
 nice turn out and great idea just what we need in this time of cold , my  old freind mr gormez displayed the very reason for flat , school boy yinkah never touched not bad for first comp and not very long riding,god bless mr white for his hard work ,good pro sesh, sam is very high in level, thanx to every one .

Offline davepaterson

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
Level Vibes was even better than i expected! It was my first contest and i was pretty nervous as ive only been riding flat for about 6 months, however i stuck everything in my run, and suprised the crap out of myself when i landed a fakie 3 hop first go! Yinka and Salvador rode amazing, and watching Sam Foakes riding in person was crazy! Good riding and good people, big thanks to Whitey and everyone else for organizing the whole thing!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:53:49 PM by davepaterson »

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »
nice turn out and great idea just what we need in this time of cold , my  old freind mr gormez displayed the very reason for flat , school boy yinkah never touched not bad for first comp and not very long riding,god bless mr white for his hard work ,good pro sesh, sam is very high in level, thanx to every one .

Hey Dave,

That's good news! I knew Yinka was the future when he did two weeks worth in twenty minutes. Good news! Pretty stoked with the turn out too - Shame everybody didn't ride in the comp but it sounds like it was enjoyed by all anyways.

where was matthias? where where the other pro riders?
this is the 2nd comp this year in England and again no international pro riders..
I wan't there too but, this seemed like an good contest, so kinda sad that other pro riders dont give attention to this comp...

Congrats Navid! :ph34r:

Congrats to Navid I agree with you - I love his riding - totally unaffected by any trends and he's a pleasure to be around - He also knows how to eat! Which I like!

On the first point though - A lot of pro dudes don't shift unless they get paid. Some of them probably are totally selfish (it fits right?) HOWEVER most of them just don't have any money - It's all clothing and bike parts - Behind that facade you can't see the empty stomach and credit card bill. Ask any pro about economic hardship and they'll tell you.

I would have thought that Level Vibes might draw a few other heads in but if it didn't that's cool because the world knows that everybody who was are all true lovers of flatland!

Maybe 'flatland' has left the UK 'for dead' but I'd rather ride with Sam Foakes, Effraim and all the London guys in a wet carpark in Croydon (Ok maybe not Croydon - but somewhere else in London that was very slightly moist!) than find out if energy drinks and different coloured lights make the steamrollers of economic desperation look any less... well. . . desperate I suppose.  .  .

Long live UK flat! And cheers to all those who went to Level Vibes. Thanks to James I now get to go to one too - Next year hopefully!

Here's to taking flatland back in the UK!  :beer:

Paul
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:52:34 PM by The Oracle »

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
wos a wicked day, them greek riders had some good original sh*t , and the uk heads showed some good stuff too. but the highlight for me wos watchin viki and sam , i mean thats just not right , those that were there will know wot i mean , and for those that werent u really missed somethin, sorry couldnt say goodbye to everyone but i get so emotional , and i cant drive with tears in my eyes! big up to whitey and all involved for puttin it on ( im wellin up again)

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »
i just return home.
nice atmpospere,floor and everything at the contest.
viki is on fire so is sam.thanks to all the riders for helping us alex,griff,salvador,trevor,jason and al the others
james pulled a great run.viki and sam is on fire,and i also have a video of the slowest nosewhillie ever.i will post it later.phill tricks are nuts to watch specially in that slow speed.
 :beer:
sakis

Offline morgan

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Old fool on an old tool
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 05:52:09 PM »
It was an amazing day... Let's hope it's the start of a proper scene in the UK!  Lots of folkis are up for getting jams, mags, etc up and running (me included!).  There'll be pics and stories later in the week... Must start editing the finals now!
More off than on, but still loving it! Flatland until you can't!

Offline dwin_gtr

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »
well organized event, the level of riding is mind blowin

byke

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »
Now that Voodoo is dead, there should be a Levelvibes USA

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism