Author Topic: Just Damn....Matt Wilhelm!  (Read 15157 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: Just Damn....Matt Wilhelm!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 06:43:40 AM »
Anywho, back to Matt...I can see kind of where someone would think Matt doesn't have a good style...the deal is that he is spinning so fast, and does such technical tricks, that he doesn't have time for flash.  He hits his links/combos hard and fast...which to me is an awesome "style", but I could imagine people that think it's a lack of style.  I think they're wrong, but...that's the beauty of FREEstyle, everyone has "style" and some are more unique than others.  What I like about Matt's style is that he tends to generate momentum and speed from thin air.  It doesn't seem like he really "pumps", so where does he generate that speed from?  The man's skills and bike control are exceptional, and that is great style if you ask me.
"A puppet no more!"

TGK

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
I have always looked up to Matt and "theking's" riding.

Both DO have style, and both are great genuine people.

Opinions are opinions, but best kept to yourself in this thread.

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 03:11:24 PM »
always a fan of matt wilhelm..one of the best role model in bmx me thinks.

and to froghammer.... welcome to global fight, I mean flat.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 12:19:21 AM »
and to froghammer.... welcome to global fight, I mean flat.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks, man. I made some sort of an impression or another in my first day or two because the froghammer/2f2f interaction has made someone's signature! A dubious honour at best. Haha.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline theking

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 02:45:04 AM »
Have some respect, don't be a douche.

One of the things that I've learned over the years is that people that go on about respect tend to be the least respectful themselves. Interesting, huh?

I think my posts weren't out of line in any way at all. I didn't lie or say he sucked. In fact, I said the opposite. Said he was fantastic. And an important figure in the sport. But hey, don't let overlooking that stop you from attempting to crucify me.

And I'll tell ya what I definitely haven't done on here- calling anyone names on a public forum. It almost borders on respectful. But totally overlook that too, okay? Cool.

The problem is that you said straight up "he has no style". For people who are serious riders like Matt, that dedicate their lives to riding, thats just a shady thing to say. Its one thing to say that behind closed doors, but to come on a public forum where Matt no doubt will read that (if not already) just shows your character. And for the record, Im a very respectful person until I come across a douche.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 02:55:08 AM »
i personally think matt has great style, he looks so at ease but at the same time spins like a tire in fast&Furious

TGK

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 07:18:50 AM »
I have the up-most respect for you, just because of that reason alone "king"

Hope. All is well.

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:20 PM »
I like to make Matt sandwiches

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »
How about those abbs of steel at 1:56 in the video at the start of this post.  hubba hubba.