Author Topic: lookie what i found  (Read 5028 times)

Offline david hasselhoff

• Funky Chicken

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: lookie what i found
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:43:24 AM »
OUCH! thats a months wages.........It is nice though,I dont know how someone could keep it all these years and not build it and ride it!

joshs.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:48:29 AM »
kinda curious if anyone would actually buy it.

Offline mbflatland09

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 03:25:02 AM »
Someone will buy that quick.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 03:32:12 AM »
Looks like a Pro Freestyle Tour to me.  I know because I had the exact same bike.  Except mine was a team model. 

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 04:29:30 AM »
psshhhtt all you old schoolers  :rolleyes:
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 04:36:54 AM »
I would gladly offer 1000 for it, but 3000 is rediculous. That thing mustve been packaged around the time I was born.

Offline sbroflatland

• Cliffhanger
  • ga_goosh
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 04:45:15 AM »
man that is an insane price. altho it is new craigslist isnt going to sell a vintage bike. i do remember these bikes. a friend of mine's older brother had one when i was a kid. it brings back memories

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 04:53:35 AM »
I believe I saw that for sale on the museum for 3K
got alot of people saying how nice,  but apparently no buyers.

also it was missing some gyro stuff from it,  so its not totaly complete I believe.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline david hasselhoff

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »
Yeah I told the guy the price was crazy. But he swore he had like 5 people fighting over it to buy it.

Offline 87master

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »
A few NOS frame/fork sets were snapped up for $1000 so a completel NOS for $3000 doesnt sound too bad. (not that i'd pay it)

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
Lol. I gave away this exact bike a year and a bit ago free. It got restored a little, with all original parts and made its way on a bike shop wall as a museum piece. I just don't have the sentimental value many old schoolers have. I never found any differences between the pro performer and pro freestyle tour frame and forks. Only difference I saw was a few of the parts.

I cracked my frame around the seatclamp area, and others snapped the forks in half where the holes for the cables are.

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »
Lol. I gave away this exact bike a year and a bit ago free. It got restored a little, with all original parts and made its way on a bike shop wall as a museum piece. I just don't have the sentimental value many old schoolers have. I never found any differences between the pro performer and pro freestyle tour frame and forks. Only difference I saw was a few of the parts.

I cracked my frame around the seatclamp area, and others snapped the forks in half where the holes for the cables are.
"

As they were intended to be..everything has a flaw. I want to see the post your busted ride thread..Ive got a hoard of vintage mongoose's being destroyed/destroyed.  Ive got a 97 pro freestyle tour..and its beat the f*ck down haha

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »
I never did like GT's...all the angles just seemed to relaxed to do anything useful with other than ride ramps. 

I have a Dyno(not sure of the model, or year) right now that I built up with newer parts and a 1 1/8 minimal offset fork.  I remember liking how they rode BITD, but now when I ride it...nothing.   It's not my thing.  I much prefer newer bikes.

Never understood collecting bikes, but than to each their own I guess.  For three thousand dollars,  I could build up several really nice bikes that I could RIDE.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 02:37:43 AM »

I wound up with a concussion and a broken hand because of those piece of sh*t forks.  Back in 89! 

Brian