Author Topic: Deviant Rim Users  (Read 4928 times)

Evil_Lincoln

Deviant Rim Users
« on: August 26, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »
Who's running a Deviant rim (or rims)?  I was wondering how they hold up, any opinions would be welcome.  If they are decent I'd consider getting one for my bike since they are pretty cheap and about a half-pound lighter than other rims. 

Phatman

Re: Deviant Rim Users
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
They're not even welded. I would stick clear, if you want a lightweight aero style rim go with the st martin rim.

Offline Senretsu

• http://
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »
I ride deviant rim on rear about 5 months and I'm happy with it, this rim is strong enough for flatland and very light.

Evil_Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »
They're not even welded. I would stick clear, if you want a lightweight aero style rim go with the st martin rim.

I didn't know that they weren't welded...guess I could have seen that on their site.

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
i run one, as backwheel, when i received the wheel from pat, i saw on a sticker on the wheel something like dont use this rim for a backwheel hehe!
but i ride it now for 3 months or so and its still good!
Im not sure but i thought bram tested that rim too..

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 03:51:36 AM »
Thats cause its made mainly for street riders and you cant run brakes on it, and street riders run back brakes  :P
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
running deviants front and back now for a few months, holding up just fine.  I had pat lace the rear up with the dt-prolock nipples, thing is still strait as an arrow.  They're also comfy to grab in hikers ;D

Offline jumpman2334

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »
i have one in the rear, and the spokes have come loose on me twice, so yeah

i just need to go through it one more time and really tighten the hell out of the wheel.. other than that, i guess it does what it needs too
fsu666ftw

joshd

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 07:03:49 AM »
i blow'd mine up...but i left it in the car.  it's real hot here...i guess the extra 20psi or whatever made it pop off...that or i didn't have the tire seated rght or something.  what tires do you run?  i had a freqg1.75kdeal on there...140 psi.

jd.