Author Topic: Megaspins  (Read 5211 times)

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
Megaspins
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:37:55 PM »
ok I FINNALY found the point where the momentum changes backwards and you start kicking it backwards, but the first time I kick it the bike flips backwards, ive been trying to keep it down but thus far I have made no progression in it at all....

any tips?

Offline HitchHikingFlatlander

• Cliffhanger
Re: Megaspins
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 05:16:38 AM »
Its hard to explain but you gotta kind get a rythym going. And try to rest the seat against your leg that can help a lot. I think it helps to keep your body rigid too. I dont know its easier to show this kind of stuff than explain it:

http://bmxtrix.com/how_to/flatland/mega_spin.htm

Classic how to!

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:30:06 AM »
yeah quit posting so much on here,pedal,and byke forums.go outside with your bike and practice.

Offline flatxland

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:08:19 AM »
keep your head turned the whole time! i used to do the same but just make sure your head it turned

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
Dont use the tyre, just swing your leg back and forth to change momentum. Thats the awesome way to do them.

It's all about starjumps, and stretches.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »
yeah quit posting so much on here,pedal,and byke forums.go outside with your bike and practice.

^_^ i know it seems like I post alot but i ride muchmore than i post.

I was out for like +6 hours yesterday and i could barley move so i came in and hit up global.

it's not like i just sit here all day posting  :wub:

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 10:16:45 PM »
Well you do have over a thousand posts in a pretty short period of time!

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 10:23:51 PM »
i know lol.

it's weird becuase it dosent feel like i posted ALL that.

i just log on and read the new posts, reply to the ones i have opinons about/information to share and them boom im a "post whore"  :huh:

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 10:35:07 PM »
Dude dont trip post whores arent as bad as the people who have nothing better to do than cry "post whore".

Most things you post have something to do with something. There are just people here and on every board always looking to call someone out.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 10:58:12 PM »
 ^_^ thanks chris.

anyways, about the megas spins... i just cant reall send them into a circle well at all. i get the carve and then when i kick the tire, i just roll straight back like a VW peg wheelie.
i tryed turning my bars to the left, i tried turning my head, i tryed leaning....

the times where it goes into a circle, i get about 1/4 - 1/2 a spin and then i go flying off.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
usually when someone is flying off it is because you are not starting spinning fast enough. You are trying to spin after you start.

Turn really hard going into them, so much so that you almost loop out. Keep the front wheel LOW not high, the closer to the ground the better when learning how to spin. When you start lifting the front of the bike, your spins will speed up.

You should be leaning the way you are going to spin really hard before you lift the bike. Here is a pic as I am going into the megaspin.

Here is a pic while I am kicking the tire after a few spins. see how I am centered over the back wheel... Also note how low the front tire is related to the ground.

you can also try spinning the other way, I do mega spins to the left but, I do carving dork wheelies to the right...

gm

BMXfreak

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »
yeah jesse V congratulations on becoming a post whore!

i know this stupid forum can get addicting just like myspace and all that crap

doing different peg wheelie variations and rolling them good will probobly help you out

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 10:02:19 PM »
Have you ever tried whipping your free leg around to catch some momentum? It works like this:

Take your free leg (the one you kick with) let it hover over your pedals, then as you go into starting the spin use your free foot to whip yourself into it. Its kind of like doing a kick in the direction you'll be spinning. It just helps gather some extra momentum when starting out. I use to do them that way when I first learned them but now I can start on the pegs and just turn into them.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »
yeah, thats how i get my starting carve going reall good.

i think i actualy made a little progression today, i got the carve DOWN the pivot now feels really natural and smooth now. i'm just still trying not to fly off.

i'll work on that though, thanks guys  :wub:

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »
OH sh*t.

one full spin today