Author Topic: Bike is almost Complete...  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Brain916

• Sneakerfiles.com
Bike is almost Complete...
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »
This forum has been a lot of help, and I thank you all soo much, so my next post here is some questions.  More of a checklist.  What is the best/strongest parts for the following:

Wheels (complete, no assembly required, and since I am a big guy, something very strong).
Brakes (front and back)
Levers
Tires
Seat (I have a KHE seatpost, and the seat I have will not fit, found it out later)
Pegs
3-Piece Cranks (the ones I bought (Demolition) do not seem to fit the KHE Frame, nor by Tree Bicycle Co. Sprocket).

Thanks everyone!

the beard

Re: Bike is almost Complete...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 02:35:29 PM »
why don't the Demoliton cranks fit? They should-maybe you have the wrong size bottom bracket? Also the Tree sprocket should fit as the Demo spindle is splined. Let me know, because I'd hate for you to buy more cranks and a sprocket when what you already have should work. As far as the other components you mentioned, pegs are the only ones I'm qualified to comment on. Sequence pegs are the strongest, most well made pegs out there. They work great and last forever; without being unnecessarily heavy.
cheers
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:53:09 PM by prana »

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Bike is almost Complete...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
Wheels: flatlfuel has some great 48h wheelsets on special now.
Brakes: Odyssey lever without a doubt. You can replace the nut if it strips out unlike the tech 77. get the diacompe 990 if you're on a budget. Great stopping power.
Tires: Primo wall are great but a bit heavy, so maybe frequency G's?
Seat: Do you have a pivotal seat or...? Maybe the rails on your seat need some clamping together before they'll fit the seat post guts. More info needed here.
Pegs: what would you prefer? A larger diameter seems more comfy to stand on.
Cranks: Do you have the wrong size bottom bracket (BB)? They'll fit once you get that sorted out.
Sprocket: do you have the tree spline drive sprocket that is incompatible with your current spindle? Maybe you're just short the correct spacer? Micro-drive maybe?

Hope that helps!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)