Poll

What is your brake setup, if any!?

Front & back brake
Front brake only
Brakeless

Author Topic: Brakeless Poll  (Read 5857 times)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Brakeless Poll
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:35:07 PM »
Not sure if this has been done before, but thought it would be interesting to see how popular the brakeless trend has become... or not!! ;)

Well im now brakeless.... ;D

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
Re: Brakeless Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
You have it listed as what is the most popular??  Do you mean what style do you ride?  Because it is confusing.  If it is an opinion of what people view as most popular it doesnt make sense. if you want to know what is popular you need to ask the question of what setup do you ride... i just started riding brakeless so I voted for brakeless, however, per the question asked... i have no idea what is most popular.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:44:08 PM »
I keep thinking about trying out a front brake/coaster brake in the back setup.   That would be kind of interesting.  Anyone know where I can get a decent coaster brake?
"A puppet no more!"

Offline eight

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
I ride brakeless because I wanted to get started as quick as possible and a front brake didn't fit into my budget. But now I really got into it so I ride brakeless.

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
Tossed my vote in there. Still running front and rear brakes.

Offline surfour20

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
i've rode flatland brakeless from day 1 to day now =)

katobmx

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
I've actually had a front brake and a back brake(no gyro) but no at the same time. I'd like to put some back on in the future.

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »
My opinion is and has always been, if you don't want to use brakes, don't use them. I'm in a video battle with Scott Ditchfield right now and in both of those videos the brakes are not used 'til the very end. We both still run both brakes, just don't use 'em much. L8r, Joe
That Joe miller

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »
I hate the fact most frames dont come with removable tabs and mounts. Fly has the best design on them, but most manufacturers see it as a higher cost and misleading figures for there "weight wars."

< Supports 2 brakes.

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:04 AM »
my fingers are too stupid to learn how to feather brakes
so I ride with none.

having no lever in your way is nice too,  and I run verry long wide grips on the bars.

but
I do wish I could learn to use brakes - so I have a bike built secretly with them on,
and I practice with it alone - until I can learn some tricks with them.
haha.
its not going so good with that ^  haha
 :P
Old dudes can still rip

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 02:13:28 AM »
just front for me
Signing out...

Offline jmctigret

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 02:33:35 AM »
To me its easy, tricks that I used no brakes I dont used my brakes. I have front and back brakes. To me whatever that fits your style or what you like the best.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 03:01:22 AM »
i'm going to start building my flat specific bike soon (when i FINALLY get employed), and i think that, especially just for the tricks i'm learning now and plan on learning, i'm going to start brakeless (And to fit my budget), but i think i'm going to get a fork with a brake mount.

the only real trick i can think of getting a front brake for though (unless i REALLY hate brakeless, which i can't see any reason for) are pinky squeaks, are they MUCH much harder to learn without brakes or are they just a bit trickier?

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 03:24:16 AM »
I voted brakeless. I go through spurts where I will put them back on and use them for maybe 2 weeks and then wind up taking them back off. The level of riding im working towards mainly is rolling tricks...so why would I need to stop???  ^_^

Plus, I just like the "FREE" feeling I get when im riding. Plus, I get annoyed adjusting them...

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 04:15:16 AM »
voted as well...brakeless.