Poll

The winner is?

Wouter van der Linde
alex94

Author Topic: ROUND2 battle: INTERMEDIATE group OVER. Winner- Bradlandr74  (Read 93752 times)

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: ROUND2 battle: INTERMEDIATE group (voting active!)
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »
1 vote, nice haha

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »
1 vote, nice haha
You did ok bro.. can't be easy making so many vids in short time span.. Keep that variation when your trick bank aint that of a pro... respect :beer:

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »
no haha! at one time i was progress super fast, learned to land hitchikers, wheelchairs, halfpackers, and even learned how to link them al togher, in 3 months..
after that i was on a dead point (right now) and im not progressing anymore so i came up with this  sh*t haha!

But it was an nice experience, the next round of the battles im not in, cause its raining and raining over here, and i dont have an indoor spot!

Peace, and ride hard!

Wouter

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »
no haha! at one time i was progress super fast, learned to land hitchikers, wheelchairs, halfpackers, and even learned how to link them al togher, in 3 months..
after that i was on a dead point (right now) and im not progressing anymore so i came up with this  sh*t haha!

But it was an nice experience, the next round of the battles im not in, cause its raining and raining over here, and i dont have an indoor spot!

Peace, and ride hard!

Wouter

The same with me. I progressed very fast before the 1st battle round, but then just stopped and had to dial everything to move on. Work with the tricks you learned..

Don't worry, the next round will be after winter, because I'm in a similar situation.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2009, 09:58:38 PM »
alex94 takes the 3rd place! Congrats! Votes 40 : 3.

Long waited final:

raddad67

vs

Bradlandr74

Time limit is 4 days(can have an extra)
Run limit is 1min 30sec

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: ROUND2 battle: INTERMEDIATE group (raddad67 vs Bradlandr74)
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:44 PM »
Wouter,

You are an amazing rider. These battles really have one real purpose. Get us off the PC and on our bikes to ride! You have had amazing progression. Its was GREAT to see you link crackpacker to halfpacker and BACKPACKERS?!?! When did you learn that trick..hahahah you keep digging in your bag and pulling more tricks out. I really hope you enter again. You really push me harder and keep me going.

Alex,
  WOW you have really come a long ways from the year that I have known you. You have blown right past me in your tricks and its so nice to see you keep trying and not giving up.

Keep on Riding!!

Ooo man I got to hit the Camera up today. Brad...lets do this!!!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
1 day down.....3 more to go...whoaaaaa. Got some things on film going to try again today!

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Wouter,

You are an amazing rider. These battles really have one real purpose. Get us off the PC and on our bikes to ride! You have had amazing progression. Its was GREAT to see you link crackpacker to halfpacker and BACKPACKERS?!?! When did you learn that trick..hahahah you keep digging in your bag and pulling more tricks out. I really hope you enter again. You really push me harder and keep me going.

Alex,
  WOW you have really come a long ways from the year that I have known you. You have blown right past me in your tricks and its so nice to see you keep trying and not giving up.

Keep on Riding!!

Ooo man I got to hit the Camera up today. Brad...lets do this!!!

thanks man! im happy with my 4th place, never ended that high in a comp!
And i will enter again in the battles but maybe not in the next battle because of the weather here! wish i had a spot like you at the OG!
Thanks for the kind words an i will keep posting vids of my progression!

peace out and ride hard!

Wouter

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:46 PM »
And i will enter again in the battles but maybe not in the next battle because of the weather here!

Wouter! Do you read my posts??? :D
I said, the next round will start after winter

louisflat

« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2009, 10:21:18 PM »
Not to be negative, but I'm in the same boat as Wouter. After I lost my second battle, I kinda felt discouraged. While others here have lost and have just kept progressing. I'm kinda moving backwards. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to film, but it was very hard considering I work full time and don't own a camera or even have a decent spot to film. I do not want to compete in the next battle. Good luck to the finalists!
-Louis

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »
And i will enter again in the battles but maybe not in the next battle because of the weather here!

Wouter! Do you read my posts??? :D
I said, the next round will start after winter

whoops, no didnt saw this hehe! ok fine, im in!

louisflat

« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2009, 11:46:21 PM »
lou, you can use the videocam on a reg digi camera or even an iphone. u dont need fancy equipment.  set up a tripod of sorts and let it roll for an hour. edit out your best 6 mins. thats 3 battles and a spare vid. voila.

I don't even have a digital camera or an iphone. All I have is my laptop. I'm not really trying to bring that with me everywhere I go. It's cool though, I understand what you are saying. I usually pull all my stuff when the camera is a) off or b) out of frame.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2009, 11:51:56 PM »
I usually pull all my stuff when the camera is a) off or b) out of frame.

There's almost an art to self filming your sessions.  The more you do it, the better you'll get at it.

You can get digital cameras with decent filming capabilities really cheap nowadays, probably starting the in $50-70 range if you looked.

Just because you're out of the battles, doesn't mean you have no reason to progress and film.  Just for yourself, try making short edits regularly, and you'll probably notice that the more edits you make, the more motivated you get to learn new tricks, always keeping the idea "What should I put in my next edit?" in the back of your head (not necessarily on purpose, but more sub conciously).

louisflat

« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2009, 01:10:07 AM »
I usually pull all my stuff when the camera is a) off or b) out of frame.

There's almost an art to self filming your sessions.  The more you do it, the better you'll get at it.

You can get digital cameras with decent filming capabilities really cheap nowadays, probably starting the in $50-70 range if you looked.

Just because you're out of the battles, doesn't mean you have no reason to progress and film.  Just for yourself, try making short edits regularly, and you'll probably notice that the more edits you make, the more motivated you get to learn new tricks, always keeping the idea "What should I put in my next edit?" in the back of your head (not necessarily on purpose, but more sub conciously).

I will definitely keep that in mind. No, I have not looked for a camera yet. The only thing that is keeping me from progressing is not having a spot to ride at the moment. I keep getting kicked out of areas and all the places around here are not very ride worthy. But thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind.

Offline Bradlandr74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2009, 03:28:07 AM »
bhphotovideo.com

Creative Vado High Definition Pocket Cam $122

tripod $10

Global Flat Online Battles $Priceless

:beer: :beer: :beer:

B