Author Topic: KGB New Conexion Red Universum 19.6 TT w/mounts reviewed  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Danny.MI.US.GRR.KGBflat

KGB New Conexion Red Universum 19.6 TT w/mounts reviewed
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »
Hey everyone I'm Danny, 25 yrs old from Michigan and just signed up here on global-flat. I was riding flatland on a white Ares Ashura from 2000-2004 and quit riding from 2004-2009. I just started riding again after my license was taken from me for this year. I have to ride a bus or ride my bike so I figure I'll start doing tricks again why not have some fun out of bad circumstances ya know? So I just got a brand new frame and decided to go with the KGB (Kuoppa Gomez Bikes) "New Conexion" in my favorite color Red (Universum). The paint looks awesome and can be described as dark red anodized with black in it these two colors are lain out as a kind of tribal-camo style. You can see by the pics. I'm selling my white Ares for someone interested. It's an 18.5 inch top tube and it's a nice frame but built for someone shorter than myself. I am 6'0" exactly. Time machines felt funnier on my ares than they do on my new kgb. They feel so smooth and nice now. This KGB is sooooo light too! damn am I happy with this purchase! Kuoppa and Gomez, their riding is the sh*t, and they know how to produce a great flatland bicycle obviously even though they're a new company, damn is this a greatly balanced and geometrically perfection for my range of height! Right now I am running Mike Steingrabber bars, gedda 2 grips, and they're okay but I'm not diggin the zero offset reach of the stem included with the bars, I’m not a fan of a stem included with bars. I cannot wait to put my 26mm red camacura stem on I got it from ebay for 25 bux! But before I can do that I want to order my custom London Bikes Dagmar handlebars they're gonna try and match the paint for me, I'm custom ordering directly from London in a couple more weeks, I cannot wait! Anyway I'm new to riding in the Grand Rapids area and I would like to find some fellow flatlanders to ride with, you'll see me around attempting time machines on the pedals if you're in the area.
My ride has the GT show fork 3/8, hoffman ep pegs, profile 165mm black cranks, khe sealed bearing pedals, Euro BB, quamen 25t sprocket, nankai rear 3/8, alex single walled rims chrome, black 48h cross laced, xs 4x4 front hub 3/8, primo wall tires, FSA integrated headset, half link chain, a bad thing super lightweight aluminum pivitol post (flat black), simon obrien colony pivitol seat, redline black seat clamp off my older RL 480 bmx. I'm real happy with my setup but would still like future purchases:
Later I'm gonna get some dark red rims and radial lace myself with dark red spokes, black brass nipples, 48h of course. I'm still thinking about what brakes to put on but I'll probably go with snafu lower cable (dual throughout because my frame's mount is for dual) tech 99's black if I can find a right left is easy to find nothing feels quite like them, otherwise black tech 77's, primo ebrake black for rear, St. Martin dark red for front brake, I kinda want to put a “D” like the Detroit tiger baseball helmet sticker on the front of my headtube to block the slotted holes, put a white Etnies sticker on the sides of the frame, that’s probably about it for the decals. I’m excited it’s going to be a fun summer for flatland! Grand Rapids MI Someday I am movin to Cally! ps Kratom helps me ride better thekratomking.com shhhhhh! Fyi only
If you were thinking of getting the KGB New Conexion my advice is get one! I really want to post more of my pics but it says 5’s the limit. If you want to see more pics let me know I’ll add more later if it lets me.
spin spin spin to win
peace