Author Topic: OLD - Post your bike pics  (Read 869594 times)

Offline sam_m

Re: Post your bike pics
« Reply #1710 on: April 30, 2007, 01:43:24 AM »
Some nice looking rides here guys - I'll post one of mine tomorrow, though it's nothing special.

Zeke - are those London bars on yours? Do they have a website - I've not been able to find it yet if they have.  :huh: Remember them producing some sick looking stuff when they first started out.

I'd post pics of my guitar gear too, but it'd mess the thread up so I'll resist for now!

:mellow:

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1711 on: April 30, 2007, 06:28:51 AM »
Got the G6 built up and ready to go!!!

that looks exactly like my old brakeless g4. same color, mostly same parts... wow! thats weird...

Offline young2

• Forkglider
« Reply #1712 on: April 30, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »

my new bike^^

I changed frame
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:02:22 AM by young2 »

Offline B_ZekE

• Forkglider
« Reply #1713 on: April 30, 2007, 08:29:26 AM »
Some nice looking rides here guys - I'll post one of mine tomorrow, though it's nothing special.

Zeke - are those London bars on yours? Do they have a website - I've not been able to find it yet if they have.  :huh: Remember them producing some sick looking stuff when they first started out.

Yes, its london bar, i buy it on FF)

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1714 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43:19 AM »
After a nose wheelie contest with a street rider turned part time flatlander friend named Neil.

I already spoke with quamen about it and apparently it was a problem that was picked up on the G6 and fixed in the G7. I'm glad they went ahead and fixed it because before the frame was in my hands, it was ridden for less than twenty sessions with a guy who only really does hang 5s and whiplashes. I got this frame in Janurary and it lasted me until today... shortest life span of any frame I've ever had.

I wish I could wait until the OG comes out.. but for now I'm just going to order another sinus and when the OG comes out I'll wait a month or two then pick one up because they are awesome.

I just wish I could ride tommorow :(

just wondering did u even contact them and see if it would be covered by them before talking TONS of sh*t bout them on forums?seems like every one i know that has had any kind of problem with qumen they have hooked them up.

blindingsun

« Reply #1715 on: April 30, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

Yes, its london bar, i buy it on FF)

NO ONE CARES! 
no-one likes you.
when do we get VIDEO of your Lee Musslewhite Trick Biting Boutique Shirt Wearing Ugly LYING ass? ? ? ? ?

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #1716 on: April 30, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »
Let it go already, blingingsun, B_Zeke doesn't do that sh*t anymore, and it's been like 2 years.

blindingsun

« Reply #1717 on: April 30, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
I'll believe it when i see it. and i've heard otherwise from riders who live in the same place.

TJ Perry

« Reply #1718 on: April 30, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »

just wondering did u even contact them and see if it would be covered by them before talking TONS of **** bout them on forums?seems like every one i know that has had any kind of problem with qumen they have hooked them up.

Yes I did actually. I contacted them before I posted any pictures. I was told that the frame would NOT be covered under any warranty despite the frame being ridden for less than 5 or 6 months total. The reason that was given to me was that DESPITE KNOWING that there was a problem in that EXACT area of that generation of frames on that exact area of the frames themselves through problems with their own team riders and a number of other problems with a number of other riders all over the world... They would not replace the frame. They offered me a frame at cost and wouldn't take the frame back. They knew exactly what went wrong with the frame and that my case wasn't unique. Basically what I got was "Well thats too bad but we saw that coming because it happend to quite a few other riders... but we're not going to do anything about it and take a loss at you, the customers expense, even though we f*cked up the design and knew about it."

If that doesn't merit some sh*t talking than I don't know what does. I know the person I spoke to doesn't make all the big decisions so I'm not really holding him at fault, but Jesus Christ. It's still ridiculous that they feel that it's perfectly alright to just completely blow off any responsibility on their end.

What kills me is that people still buy their sh*t despite LOTS of people getting this kind of treatment from the company. I can't believe I bothered with another one of their frames after dealing with all of the sh*t I had to go through with my old flautas being bent (again.. they knew the tubing was thinner and never told anyone about it). If anything people should look at this and see that there is a huge problem with the honesty of that company and just boycott their products.

I just don't get how they can piss all over their customer base with horrible HORRIBLE service and questionable quality.. yet remain one of the big guns in frame sales. It just baffles me.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1719 on: April 30, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »
My updated bike, 9kg now :)

Those bars are wack! how do they ride?

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #1720 on: April 30, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »
I can answer for him - the feel like you're riding a chopper. Marcel Tremblay has a pair so I gave his bike a ride the other day. REALLY wide and tall. Some people like it like that, but for me they are way too big.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #1721 on: April 30, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Thanks for the comments on my bike.  I am happy how it turned out.  Paint job looks WAY nicer in person than on photo.  Haven't had a ton of time yet to ride it or get used to the HT angle yet.  Havent noticed TOO much difference.  AAnd to the Quamen naysayers, for one, I didnt buy the frame...I recieved it in a trade, so whatever happens with it I can't really complain can I? And 2, I don't ride my frames SUPER hard.  I'm not at a level of riding where I break parts yet.  Also, I have heard a lot more good than I have bad about quamen.  people break all kinds of frames.  you have to deal with that when you go for lighter frames. 

i can't say that i disagree with TJ ranting about a his broken G6, and if the story is correct then he has a reasonable beef.  however, good thing i don't listen to others very often - we'll see how this frame holds up...if it breaks you'll hear about it I guess!!

Offline Kevin @Mülheim Ruhr (NRW)

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1722 on: April 30, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »

Offline sam_m

« Reply #1723 on: April 30, 2007, 08:31:43 PM »
Thought I'd lower the tone a bit and post my ride up.  ;D Exactly as it was when I stopped riding, except for the new front tyre and new pegs on the front, old on the rear and all covered with griptape. Might take the seat a little higher and could do with new brake pads at the front but otherwise it's fine - looks a bit odd but I'm not really arsed. Weighs *about* the same as a small horse.

:P

Offline B_ZekE

• Forkglider
« Reply #1724 on: April 30, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
I can answer for him - the feel like you're riding a chopper. Marcel Tremblay has a pair so I gave his bike a ride the other day. REALLY wide and tall. Some people like it like that, but for me they are way too big.

Yes)