Author Topic: OLD - Post your bike pics  (Read 869777 times)

Offline Ginny

• Hitchhiker
Re: Post your bike pics
« Reply #1575 on: April 05, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
Yes TJ, Blindingsun is right.... You have the street stem.

Note the distance between the fork bolt and where the handlebar clamp is....

Flat stem

Street stem
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:35:42 AM by bloodhound.system.32 »
flatland will ruin your life..

TJ Perry

« Reply #1576 on: April 05, 2007, 11:14:17 AM »
What exactly is the length on the street stem? Because it sure as hell is shorter than my ares stem.

blindingsun

« Reply #1577 on: April 05, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »
the street stem is 48mm, and yours is not the flatland stem, you just have to look at it...

your bars would be just nearly touching the fork bolt...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:02:46 PM by blindingsun »

Phatman

« Reply #1578 on: April 05, 2007, 04:58:33 PM »
TJ thats like 3 people that have reinforced what i said, You do NOT have the flatland stem there is way to much room between the bolts, & Thanks to the guy that actually posted photos of the 2 stems so people dont have to look at my link.

TJ Perry

« Reply #1579 on: April 05, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
TJ thats like 3 people that have reinforced what i said, You do NOT have the flatland stem there is way to much room between the bolts, & Thanks to the guy that actually posted photos of the 2 stems so people dont have to look at my link.

Yes thank you all mighty wise one.

If you noticed I wasn't trying to refute whether or not I had the street stem, I just wanted to know the length.

Either way, it works perfect for me.

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #1580 on: April 05, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »
Yeah WTH, Big People – Big Stems, so the bike doesn't look tiny on you.

Phatman

« Reply #1581 on: April 05, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »

Yes thank you all mighty wise one.

If you noticed I wasn't trying to refute whether or not I had the street stem, I just wanted to know the length.

Either way, it works perfect for me.

You dont have to call me all mighty wise one, Jon will do.

Btw. you said it was the flatland one, & all i was trying to do was tell you it wasnt and you were sold the wrong thing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:14:30 PM by Phatman »

TJ Perry

« Reply #1582 on: April 05, 2007, 06:37:22 PM »
Yeah WTH, Big People – Big Stems, so the bike doesn't look tiny on you.

Riding a 28 mm stem is impossible for me. It feels way too cramped and it doesn't offer the same kind of "whip" that I like on my tricks. I've actually noticed in my most recent videos that my riding has gotten smoother since i've switched to the KHE stem.  I don't understand the idea of riding such small stems in the first place. Just doesn't offer enough room.

blindingsun

« Reply #1583 on: April 05, 2007, 06:42:41 PM »
so if thats the case? why are you so bothered that you bought the Street one, and tryed so hard to convince us you had the flatland one?

why cant you just accept that you are not always right?

TJ Perry

« Reply #1584 on: April 05, 2007, 06:46:34 PM »
so if thats the case? why are you so bothered that you bought the Street one, and tryed so hard to convince us you had the flatland one?

why cant you just accept that you are not always right?

You should really work on your reading comprehension.

TJ Perry

« Reply #1585 on: April 05, 2007, 08:28:06 PM »
You should really work on not being a link biter.

Oh please.

What link did I "bite"  :rolleyes:

blindingsun

« Reply #1586 on: April 05, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »

Yeah, as you should have worked on yours before reading that Ebay page and not seeing the bit that said Street stem..

TJ Perry

« Reply #1587 on: April 06, 2007, 12:34:47 AM »

Yeah, as you should have worked on yours before reading that Ebay page and not seeing the bit that said Street stem..

Coming from a guy who has been openly joked on for only being able to do ****ty backwards steamroller links despite spending your life on here antagonizing mutt...

That don't carry too much weight. And it's not like that "street" stem is effecting MY links all that much.

blindingsun

« Reply #1588 on: April 06, 2007, 01:48:37 AM »
sorry, some of us have other things to do, and for your information., i dont do ANY backwards steamroller links.. so bite my shiney metal ass.

and considering i get to ride for like.. 4 hours a week max .. maybe.. i think im doin ok..

and as for the coming on here bit, you post at least twice as much as me. so just stfu.

and you antagonise mutt more than i do, or did you not read the jesses bike stolen thread. he hates you man.

TJ Perry

« Reply #1589 on: April 06, 2007, 03:06:37 AM »
sorry, some of us have other things to do, and for your information., i dont do ANY backwards steamroller links.. so bite my shiney metal ass.

and considering i get to ride for like.. 4 hours a week max .. maybe.. i think im doin ok..

and as for the coming on here bit, you post at least twice as much as me. so just stfu.

and you antagonise mutt more than i do, or did you not read the jesses bike stolen thread. he hates you man.

I'd much rather look at peoples bikes than read your posts.

back to the thread.