Author Topic: Changing This Stupid Tyre!!!!  (Read 6220 times)

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
Changing This Stupid Tyre!!!!
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »
Ok Peeps!!! I am having an emensely hard time changing this Stupid Tyre!!!! Everytimt i get the screw driver in and trye to stick the other in its giving me a hard time!!!
I'm about ready to fling it out only thing thats stopping me is that it's my bike part (duh)!!!
So give me your tips and tricks to give me a fighting chance with it!!!!
LOL!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side...... a dark side.....and it holds the universe together" Mikato Soul

TJ Perry

Re: Changing This Stupid Tyre!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »
Ok everyone!!! I am having an immensely hard time changing this stupid tire!!!! Every timei get the screw driver in and tire to stick the other in its giving me a hard time!!!
I'm about ready to fling it out! The only thing that's stopping me is that it's my bike part (duh)!!!
So give me your tips and tricks to give me a fighting chance with it!!!!
LOL!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please stop typing like a twelve year old. This isn't an AOL instant message chat room.

Go get some tire levers. Why the hell are you using a screw driver? You'll cut your tube open with that.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
3 tire levers will cost you about $4 at any bike shop and make the installation a lot easier and you are less likely to damage your tire, tube and rim like you will with a screwdriver.

Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 12:49:53 AM »
Always work on one side at a time. Slowly work [on or off] one side, then the other using these little beauties.

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 04:25:41 AM »
Not only all the above, but once you get the tire lever in, reach across the wheel on the opposite side where the tire lever is in the tire. Squeeze that side and push into the rim on that side. This will free up slack on the side you are prying off. Work your way around the rim doing this and eventually you will get the tire off. Trust me you don't need to be HeMan or brain surgeon to get it off, theres def a technique. Once you find it you'll be straight, good luck :beer:
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline Rien

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:47 AM »
if you really don't want to spend the $4 on levers, use the back of a fork. normally they say use the back of a spoon, but i always use the teeth of my fork to fixate it on my spokes...

sumthinluv

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »
throw your wheel in a bonfire - the tyre will melt off the rim easily enough................

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »
throw your wheel in a bonfire - the tyre will melt off the rim easily enough................

Don't listen to this guy. Use a cutting torch.

sumthinluv

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

good point - i forgot about the steel beading you need to get through - i only ride khe kevlar beaded tyres so i don't need to use a cutting torch on mine...

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »
3 tire levers will cost you about $4 at any bike shop and make the installation a lot easier and you are less likely to damage your tire, tube and rim like you will with a screwdriver.

LOL @ TJ and PAT!!!!
I wish it was that easy but don't forget this is Trinidad!!!!
Im suppose to get sum from my Aunt who is coming in soon but
spoons and screwdrivers are what i'm using for now!!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D
"Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side...... a dark side.....and it holds the universe together" Mikato Soul

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »

good point - i forgot about the steel beading you need to get through - i only ride khe kevlar beaded tyres so i don't need to use a cutting torch on mine...
LMAO!!!!
Ima come borrow yours !!!!!!!!
 :P :P

Offline Levi

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 11:48:03 PM »
maxxis tires??
don't know what it is, but I hate those. broke 2 tire levers on em.
 :angry:

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 12:52:33 AM »
It's not just Maxxis... I broke one of the big thick plastic tire levers with an Elm Street last week. I don't like to use metal because I feel like I'll damage the rim, since I sometimes stop thinking and if something doesn't go, I just pull harder.

the beard

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 04:37:53 AM »
Not long ago I had done an emergency rim strip with electrical tape. I put too much on and couldn't get the tire back off. In frustration I sprayed it all down with cooking spray. That got it off, but it was messy.

Offline siCkWitIt

• Hitchhiker
  • The BANDIT
    • xsitesport
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »
Thanx For Your Opinions I got it out with the fork!!!!
Karl you can lock or delete this thread now!!!!
 :beer: :beer: