Author Topic: Terry Adams Bike Check on Odyssey Site!!!  (Read 24510 times)

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Terry Adams Bike Check on Odyssey Site!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »
K Jones was is a "rider" first...flatlander second, though everyone remembers him for flat. 

fixed that for you  :)

I think the frame is great, I was only commenting that it doesn't seem to have been a great "success" sales-wise.  And I had some heavier parts and back brakes on my last bike, so this one doesn't feel heavy at all to me.

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
HEYA LAB RAT
SOME PEOPLE LIKE HEAVY BIKES
AND IT WONT BOTHER THEM BUT SOME DONT
IM ONE OF THOSE LIGHT PARTS AND BIKE GUYS

OFCOURSE IM ALMOST 50 YEARS OLD SO GO FIGURE!

katobmx

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 11:03:20 PM »
I wan't some one too come out with a 150-200$ flat frame with 50$ forks and 30$ bars

byke

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 11:19:06 PM »
does anyone know what the geo is going to be on that frame?

over 19"? i hope so.

This was on the odyssey page....

The frames current geometry is:

18.90″ TT
11.80″ BB Height
12.48″ Slammed Rear Length
75° Headtube
72° Seattube

f*ck the 12.48 rear end. this is ridiculous!!!  why limit back wheel tricks and force you to run shorter cranks?

and by the way, those measures are the exact same as the batch of ay frames that came in 18.90-- I knew it!!  same everything

I am not going to take sides here ..... but

Does anyone remember when chase put his name to the reissue rl tire, but it wasnt going to
be available in 1.75" ? (only 1.85") and as soon as odyssey took the risk and did the 1.75"
they saw the return.

I tell you what, if odyssey is reading this.
19.4" TT //// 13.5" CS

Make this and I guarantee you at least 1 sale.
I know its only 1, but if you double check what allot of the underbelly is looking for you may
see that its times are changing again.

Like odyssey designs, please try and take a step in a forward mannerism in terms of marketing direction.
Rather than just following the mainstream of yesterday.

Budz

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
look at the success that HB has had with the strowler.

Given that the frame has been at clearance price everywhere, forever, I'm not thinking it's been much of a "success".  I bought one though.  :)

I just got one too!  I love it...it's built to last.  I think the price cuts are because it's not fashionable to ride a tank anymore.  It does weigh a lot.  I think it's perfect for me.  I'm not afraid to jump it, wall-ride it, or grind it.  If K Jones had most of his hand in it, I would think he would design a good all around frame.  K Jones was a "rider" first...flatlander second, though everyone remembers him for flat.   Also, Hoffman has been known to keep their prices down.
its really not THAT heavy tho. :mellow:
slap some light parts on it and u have a lightweight BUILT TO LAST rig. ;)
i LOVE my Strowler! im thinking of getting another one just to have on hand in the case something eventually happens to my current one. soon as i can afford anything, thats the plan. its just that good! :beer:

depending on what Chases frame geometry is like, ill probably want one of those too. cuz knowing Chase, and knowing Odyssey, that frame too will be built to last.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 12:30:49 AM »
K Jones was is a "rider" first...flatlander second, though everyone remembers him for flat. 

fixed that for you  :)

I think the frame is great, I was only commenting that it doesn't seem to have been a great "success" sales-wise.  And I had some heavier parts and back brakes on my last bike, so this one doesn't feel heavy at all to me.

Thanks for fixin' that for me.  I'm obsessed with the Dorkin box set right now.  Not trying to live in the past, but those DVDs are timeless.
"A puppet no more!"

TJ Perry

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »

19.4" TT //// 13.5" CS

I know its only 1, but if you double check what allot of the underbelly is looking for you may

Like odyssey designs, please try and take a step in a forward mannerism in terms of marketing direction.

This is ridiculous. If they made that frame only a small handful of riders would buy it. They could release it as a second option, but having that be it is kind of ridiculous.

The mainstream is the 18.8 top tube length that's been the standard since as long as I can remember. Not many people ride 19" or above.

byke

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 01:08:48 AM »

19.4" TT //// 13.5" CS

This is ridiculous. If they made that frame only a small handful of riders would buy it. They could release it as a second option, but having that be it is kind of ridiculous.

The mainstream is the 18.8 top tube length that's been the standard since as long as I can remember. Not many people ride 19" or above.

Actually you are wrong about this.
how big do you think a 18.9" TT would be if it had a 69 or 70 SA?
Its all about manipulation of marketing.

Offline escapefrombmx

• Backpacker
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 03:53:09 AM »
Mike Dood, does this mean you're running Odyssey Barefoot Tires? Maybe have the Leading Edge on the competition? hehe...At least you wouldn't be running AY Bombs sitting in the Skyway Hot Seat!

lol barefoot tires....  I had a lot of Odyssey stuff I remember in 1988 though :)  Then I look and I still do... :D

odyssey sucked sooooo bad until Chris C came in.