Author Topic: Twilight BMX Jam  (Read 5515 times)

News_Bot

Twilight BMX Jam
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
Date: 24.04.2009 - 25.04.2009

April 24th: we will have a warm up jam once the course is built.

April 25th: is the day of the contest. Last minute registration will be over at 10:00am.

This year’s competition will feature flatland and street (ramp) classes for both amateurs and pros. In addition to our usual ramp set-up, we will be using the new Freestyle Connection quarter-pipe/box jump set-up! There will be quarters, box jumps, spines, wall rides, and lots more! This contest is what BMX is all about! Were also going to be building some ramps on location so if you would like to help just show up Friday afternoon. (Extra screw guns and extension cords are always useful.)

This contest is not only going to be fun for the riders, but also for anyone watching. It’s one of Saturday’s best forms of entertainment during the Twilight festival. These riders will be putting it all on the line just for the sake of a few bucks and the glory of the moment! Spectators will enjoy this action-packed event as they watch competitors perform insane stunts on the street course and witness “breakdancing” on bikes during the flatland BMX competition. Last year even Terry Adams showed up, who is America’s # 1 pro! The event is a favorite of children and grown-ups alike and is expected to feature professional and amateur athletes from across the nation.

This event is promoted by The Freestyle Connection, which specializes in performing BMX Stunt Shows for all ages of kids.  Along with performing amazing stunts as seen in the X-Games, The Freestyle Connection also promotes a drug-free lifestyle. Based right out of Athens, Georgia, you will not want to miss this impressive display of stunts and tricks on Saturday, April 25, 2009!

Thanks,
Jon Dowker (event organizer)

4 Classes:
Pro Ramp - $50
Am Ramp - $25
Pro Flatland -$50
Am Flatland -$25

Pre-registration at www.athenstwilight.com

Schedule:
Open Practice 9am to 11am
Am Ramp – 11am to 12:00
Flatland – 1:00 to 3:00
Pro Street -3:00 to 5:00
Best Trick – 5:30

Judging:
There will be 5 judges for each class. Judges will be scoring based on 4 categories each worth 10 points, completion, difficulty, style, and originality. To keep things fair were adding the highest score a rider gets from all the categories back in to get a best possible score of 50 points.

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
Re: Twilight BMX Jam
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:42:39 PM »
Waiting for Huffdawg to reply on this! I think I can make this one hopefully

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »
where the hype at! Nothing like riding in the rain again

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 09:21:18 PM »
Wish I could make this but I have to be in court on the 24th...

Dowker, are you going to make it up to New York in May ?

-Roy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:24:43 PM by smiley (Roy) »
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

TexasFlat

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:46:45 PM »
I'm planning on shooting this event for global. flying into the ATL Friday..just need some local hookup info..I've been to Athens once...great town! Georgia knows how to party..fo sho

gt

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »
Isaiah, you better be make it out here... i need someone else to help me dry off the rain with some fast spins.

Offline the duke

• Hitchhiker
  • Word
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »
Twilight BMX Contest April 25th. College Avenue downtown Ahtens, GA

This is the 5th year that we have thrown the comp. Last year flatland was featured in Props!

This year should be bigger than ever! Show us what you got downtown Athens! Its always a great time and one hell of a party!!!!!!

Pre-register at <www.athenstwilight.com>

Did I mention lots of College girls? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »
I just asked for the days off. So I should be there.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:36 AM »
so who all is going? I know gabe k, heard micky, terry, stephen hearn. Ppl don't be posting just showing up lol

Offline Damian Bacci

• I want to be stereo typed, I want to be classified
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »
I'll be heading up friday morning, I've been looking forward to this all year.

Offline the duke

• Hitchhiker
  • Word
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
Hey Guys!

We just organized a after Party best trick jam at the Max Canada Bar Patio!

All you Canadians have to represent! Ha ha

Should be real cool. I can get 18 and up in the bar. If your younger you must watch through the patio fence. Sorry

We will have DJ Metro Gnome making sweet music and plenty of sexy ladies in house!

Should be real fun! This will kick orr the Twilight Jam After Party!

Duke

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
damn dowker you mediatyzing dork.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »
I'm cutting it real close guys, money is looking really round and metallic right now, plus I dint know if my bike even gonna be back on time :cry cry cry:

Prasheel

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 12:26:17 AM »
God I wish we could be there, f*ck exams.