Author Topic: What Seat?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline DJspeed128

• Funky Chicken
What Seat?
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:25:12 AM »
I just got my first ever flatland bike and whenever i go to do a barspin, i cant pinch the seat to do a barspin without causing alot of pain. I was wondering what the lightest/most comfortable flatland seat out there is. Id rather have comfort than weight, but whatever will work. Thanks!

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
Re: What Seat?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:43:33 AM »
what seat do you have now ?

cause my seats are the most uncomftorble craps ever.
but I like them the most cause they are more function than comfort to me.

I have khe wana b seat , new + old version   awesomely uncomftorble seat for shure.

On my third bike I have mc niel seat,  padded comfy,  and large compaired to wana b seat.
and i cant stand it.      im gona get rid of it and the 330 post its in.
here a pic of it. -  has alot of ass cussion on it.  hahaha.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline DJspeed128

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
The picture you put up is the same seat I have, I would really like to have a seat with padding on the sides of the seat so that I could pinch the seat hard enough to do a barspin/other tricks. Any ideas???
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:26:59 PM by DJspeed128 »

havok

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »
Knee gaskets are under 20$ at FF.

Offline standard146

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »
find a 99er best seat ever

Offline lamehead

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:14:54 PM »
How long you been doing barspins for? They bunny hop barspins or just wheelie barspins? When I 1st learned wheelie barspins I learned on a huge walmart gel seat. Now I can do them on most anything without too much clamping force (same with my sketchy bunnyhop barspins). Heck, look at some of the street riders doing them with small seats that at slammed down.

I bet with time they wont hurt as much. I had a Odyssey Marcel seat, McNeil OG, and Primo hemmaroid and  liked all of them for barspinnery action.

Budz

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
a bit on the heavy side, but ive always been partial to Primo seats.
heres my Primo Gripper with new seat covering.

Budz

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
if u are into Pivotal seats tho, i have an Animal "A" seat, brand new, never mounted or used for 25-shipped in the US. padded all the way around. ;)
just thought id throw that out there. will also throw in a brand new Animal post to the 1st....ONE cutomers...customeR.  :P

Offline Kzoh

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »
why not use a seat cover on your khe seat? pain solved
Flow is Key

ozz

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
why not use a seat cover on your khe seat? pain solved
becuse it suck i heve one and dont like but i like the 99er thank rick

Offline DJspeed128

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »
How long you been doing barspins for? They bunny hop barspins or just wheelie barspins?

Im can do the wheelie bar spin with one foot on the pedal and one on the back peg. And I can do the half wheelie bar spin with both feet on the pedals, but i cant grip hard enough on the seat to do the full wheelie bar spin.

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
Ive a KHE Watanabe and I learned doing barspins with it. I'd say its not worth getting a new seat for a trick that you wont be dealing with for that long. Just learn how to do dork wheelie bar spins, i.e. stand on your rear pegs and lift the bike a little and spin the bar.
  I dont find the Watanabe uncomfortable in the first place though. Not for riding or for tricks.