Author Topic: St martin sprocket problem  (Read 5224 times)

Offline saras20 LT

• Forkglider
St martin sprocket problem
« on: November 17, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »
Hi! I need to remove the eco flat sprocket from the crank,and I cant do it.I tried hamering it and so- nothing helped.could you suggest me what to do ?

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
Re: St martin sprocket problem
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:50:53 PM »
use a chain whip, go to your local bike shop.

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 01:04:45 AM »
some dude on here had a way of locking your chain somehow so all you'd have to do is pedal backwards and the your chain would undo the spocket.

i can't think at the moment how its done but you should be able to figure it out.

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:39:34 AM »
I bent my chain tool trying to get mine off. Forget it.

A nuclear blast won't take that thing off.

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:54 AM »
I put the crank arm in a vice w/ rubber jaw covers and use:

Park Tool HCW5 to remove / install the lock ring

Park Tool SR1 to remove / install the sprocket

If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
god damn... how tight is that friggin thing!
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »
some dude on here had a way of locking your chain somehow so all you'd have to do is pedal backwards and the your chain would undo the spocket.

i can't think at the moment how its done but you should be able to figure it out.

That was me... Put your chain on the sprocket(crank side) like normal. Then with the back wheel off, use two long screwdrivers, run one screwdriver thur the chain and the drop-out as if it was an axle with a cog(sprocket). And with the other screwdriver put on top or bottom of the chain to lock. Both screwdrivers will be put thur the drop-outs(both sides) as if they were an alxe... Hope this helps...Russ
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:11:01 PM by mid_night gypsy »

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 03:27:57 AM »

That was me... Put your chain on the sprocket(crank side) like normal. Then with the back wheel off, use two long screwdrivers, run one screwdriver thur the chain and the drop-out as if it was an axle with a cog(sprocket). And with the other screwdriver put on top or bottom of the chain to lock. Both screwdrivers will be put thur the drop-outs(both sides) as if they were an alxe... Hope this helps...Russ

Dude, Russ... I think we need a diagram for that!

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 04:21:52 AM »

Well no luck with drawing a diagram, let me see if I can clear up my explanation. With the bike upside down and the back wheel off. Take your chain and put it on the sprocket(crank side) like normal. Now take one long screwdriver and run it thur the  drop-outs and the chain. Now the first screwdriver is holding the chain at the rear from touching the floor. Now at the rear(drop-out area) grab all of  the chain and lift up making room to slide the second screwdriver in front of the first one. This will create a bind or a pinch when you pedal backwards..........Russ

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 11:27:20 PM »
your local bike shope should be able to get it off for you

JUST MAKE SURE YOU REMIND THEM IT THREADS ON..... twice

I took mine up to the local shop and told them as i handed it to em, it threads on.  They brought it back 10 minutes later kinda beat up, and were like.. "sorry it took me a while to realize it threads on"   :rolleyes:  Luckily i was replacing it anyways

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 12:57:38 AM »
your local bike shope should be able to get it off for you

JUST MAKE SURE YOU REMIND THEM IT THREADS ON..... twice

I took mine up to the local shop and told them as i handed it to em, it threads on.  They brought it back 10 minutes later kinda beat up, and were like.. "sorry it took me a while to realize it threads on"   :rolleyes:  Luckily i was replacing it anyways

you shoulda got them to pay for it  ;D ;D
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs