Author Topic: Rate a part  (Read 3819 times)

clp

Re: Rate a part
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 08:11:53 PM »
dys khe seatpoast iz wel gud
dys primo tire fing is well gud
dys chainwing iz da borrokz
dys spoke iz mazin
dys seat is omgomg
dys handlebar make by khe iz spesh

AMIDOINITRITE

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »
dys khe seatpoast iz wel gud
dys primo tire fing is well gud
dys chainwing iz da borrokz
dys spoke iz mazin
dys seat is omgomg
dys handlebar make by khe iz spesh

AMIDOINITRITE

Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

clp

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 08:19:32 PM »

I ZED ONLY 3 ZOU INFIDELZ EXTERMINATE ZEM

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 08:20:34 PM »
In before the sh*tstorm

clp

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »

Offline leon_luxton

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »
Chris and Clp he said a maxium of THREE and thats now FOUR pictures! Shame on you guys...SHAME ON YOU

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 12:54:44 AM »
rofl... come on guyss... bring that to the LOL thread ;D ;D
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

the beard

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »
parts I have that kick ass 10/10:

Sequence knurled plastic pegs up front. light, grippy, affordable, and don't mar surfaces the way metal does.
KHE lock on grips, I break loose any other grip in 20 minutes. these have NEVER moved.
Tree splined sprocket. nuff said. it's both brilliant and tough as nails.

and the illegal #4; Profile cranks/Ti spindle combo. I'll pass this onto my kids when I'm too old to ride. It's bombproof and a true classic.

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 08:33:16 AM »
ok I'll play, though I'm a newb to a lot of new school parts. Here's my take. Keep in mind I'm a bigger dude so consider my weight. I don't give 10's unless it's holy grail i.e. custom made lol so 9-9.5 is like a 10 for me.

Sick Child Metro  - 9.5 - First new school Flat Frame in 10yrs. Best frame I've ever had where it felt super balanced (weight distro) and zero flex.  I've never had a more solid feeling frame. Add to that built in the USA (matters not to some) clean welds, and the personal touch from one super cool dude and you've got a wiener...err winner. In addition, mines got mounts (Thx Ed!)

I'll also add the Quamen Mobile Arms (hopefully it's safe to remention these) - 9. I can't think of one bad thing to say on these. Zero flex also and for the same reasons above (minus the custom personal aspect) I gotta swear by these. In fact I don't even want to mess around with anything else. My 2nd build will have these. I'd give them a 9.5 but they are cranks, so in an unbiased true response - I give them a 9. Which actually kinda is a bias, cause I'm holding my lack of wow against a really solid part. Alright, stfu Ray it's .5 diff and your newb opinion eats a d!ck anyhow ;D ok moving on lol

Revenge Brakes - 8.5 - Again super solid and the best brake I've ever tried. Admitedly (sp?) I've had little experience w new school brakes other than the Evo II, and 990's. I have a set of Fly's (potentially for sale if anyone is interested) I've never set up so those could be even better. I'd give them a higher rating, but price comes to mind (which I don't mind paying for a solid part) and weight (again not that I care, but I know some do so in fairness I'll rate appropriately)

For my dreaded 4th (Sorry Dave, musta been blitzed writing this  :P ) I'll go with G Sport Rims - 9.5 - First off I love the engineering behind the rim. I dig the cross lacing and I've got ridiculous respect for good ol G's sick engineering skillZ (bowstaff skills, numchuk skills etc lol) Add a G Sport Hub (I've got the monkey) and that's one super solid wheel in my humble opinion. I'm comparing this to some of the grails of yester year (Araya 7x's, Peregrine Super HP Pro's)

Again, as a disclaimer I'll say this is my first new school build and I tried to pick the most solid parts I could, cost not withstanding, and parts that I sincerely liked after researching. Overall, I can't say one bad thing about my choices and it's easily the best bike (quality) I've ever owned, let alone built. So some could perceive that as bias, but I've tried to be super fair in my review. Feel free to slag me all you want lol but I'm sincerely legit stoked on all these parts and my bike overall. These weren't just inflated fan boy ratings. Cheers boyos!  :beer:

I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 06:28:24 PM »

For my dreaded 4th (Sorry Dave, musta been blitzed writing this  :P ) I'll go with G Sport Rims - 9.5 - First off I love the engineering behind the rim. I dig the cross lacing and I've got ridiculous respect for good ol G's sick engineering skillZ (bowstaff skills, numchuk skills etc lol) Add a G Sport Hub (I've got the monkey) and that's one super solid wheel in my humble opinion. I'm comparing this to some of the grails of yester year (Araya 7x's, Peregrine Super HP Pro's)

i rate the gsport an 8... ive seen so many problems with the hubs moving side to side that i dont think its worth the pain. Thats one of my major pet peeves. it is super solid though, i must admit. A bit on the heavy side. Id never buy a full wheelset all from one company. You can get the best of both worlds by building your own wheel  :beer: :beer:

my post makes more sense since im NOT blitzed right now  ;D ;D ;D :beer: :beer: :beer:

though i would be... damn bike took away all my spending money. Moral of the story kids, dont ride bmx. Youll end up spending all your money on parts and wont have money for drugs and food. wait... i think i have this backwards... oh well.  :wub:
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs