Author Topic: winter riders???  (Read 7836 times)

Offline liquid134

• Funky Chicken
winter riders???
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:00:15 AM »
well i thought this would be a good idea seeing as winter is rollin right around the corner. im from southside of chicago (orland park) and lookin to see where fellow chicago riders are gonna b riding as well as interested to see what other people have setup for them this winter! pics welcome of course

andyb

Re: winter riders???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »
I'm not looking forward to winter. Weather here in the Uk has been bad for the last few weeks, and is only going to get worse!

Hoping to clear out a mates garage soon, but still won't have the room I want!

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:31:53 PM »
What's up southside?  I didn't think there were any flatlanders left down there.  It's good to know that there's still riders down there.  The south suburbs used to have a huge riding scene back in the day.  Oak Lawn was the hotspot.  Anyways, there's a lot in Elmhurst that gets sessioned frequently at Rt 83 & St Charles Rd.  You're more than welcome to come up and ride.  Are there any other riders down there in Orland?

Offline liquid134

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
ya i used to ride alot of dirt and street.....and oak lawn used to be the spot. as far as flat riders......im the only one that i know of....a few of my buddies are street/park riders. definitly need to find people to flat with!

Offline crash23

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »
Well I'm from Wisconsin and winter is terrible for me, my flatlanding is forced to hibernate during winter because here at the my college dorm there is no garage for me to clear out and have been looking for some warehouse to rent or something but no luck.

Offline jerr6

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
hey liquid134 im over in east side of joliet. not far at all from orland. me and dojo jojo have gotten together a couple times and ridin in a schools parking lot in joliet its pretty nice spot but winters a coming. looks like i ll b making room to ride in my basement

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 09:30:15 AM »
he he i found my paradise 4 the winter

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »
How sick would it be to break into the basketball court at night lol? Yea it'd never happen but a nice thought nonetheless....or could it?  :wacko:

Well I'm from Wisconsin and winter is terrible for me, my flatlanding is forced to hibernate during winter because here at the my college dorm there is no garage for me to clear out and have been looking for some warehouse to rent or something but no luck.
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
I hate you Mare!  :P ;D :beer: kidding - I had a spot just like that but a lil narrower I'm imagining - still indoor, and heated nonetheless. 24hr access (on weekends) Access during the week at night .....then I got laid off.....fawkers....enjoy that spot for all it's worth bro! Oh and in terms of my winter spot, seeing as I live in an old school building/condo, I'mma be riding the halls but they are only like 15 ft wide - but being I'm a 2 or 3 time beginner again, it'll help me w straight rolling tricks which are long all winter...take what you can get I guess!

he he i found my paradise 4 the winter

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:19:30 PM by The Brown Sound »
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »
he he, i was looking for smtnk like that almost 1 and a half year so i know how lucky i am. plus i already had morning session and u will not believe what hapend : i was riding and all of a suden security guard came. i thought here we go another lost riding spot, but he was more like how can u do that , is that even possible. he sad nothink about i shouldn` be there riding or smthnk, so i guess i really found spot 4 winter. he just warn me not to make any stupid things cause there is a camera on the wall.  -_- :beer: :beer:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:04:56 PM by mare »

timk4130!

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »
15 years ago, i hung out with Scott Powell riding on a basketball surface...funny part was, was their was a door @ each end, so,if we had to bolt , it was 1 door or the other. I got alot of p.m. messages about 2 months ago asking me why i am working on my indoor spot/winter spot already...Because as of 930 a.m. it is only39 degrees out.

Offline liquid134

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 01:54:26 AM »
well if anyone around the chicago land area, whats to go down on a warehouse or sumthing, sh*t im game. i need to ride this winter.

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 03:52:54 AM »
be happy if you have a winter spot.. ive been riding 6 or so yrs and not one damn winter have i found somewheres to ride where i live=[  fook this.. seriously..

i might just bring my bike to the ski resort job im getting as a janiter hopfully and ride after im done.. maybe. if I dont get fired for it. ughh..

idk. i need to ride.
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

timk4130!

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:49 AM »
justin! That would accually work out well! You could mop up a section,clock out, ride, clock back in because of tire marks! =)  (i think i'm going to work on more flashy/spinny stuff this winter =) (but it never goes the way you plan though! )   =)

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 04:12:37 AM »
hahaha yea tim fersure. I might try it out. risky. but honestly I need to ride and this seems like a good idea to me =]

i quess time will tell, even if its not all the time ill try. even once a week would be rather amazing during winter for me. cuz not riding all 5 months is depressing. I dont ever lose anything. But would be nice to learn a lil somthing new while I can you know.

quess ill see how that goes. pray I dont get fired, cause i need to save to move out!! haha
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!