Author Topic: need help  (Read 3125 times)

Offline DennyPhiL

• Cliffhanger
  • Goodbye Flatland, hello Freestyle.
need help
« on: October 04, 2008, 05:40:48 AM »
im planning to buy front u brakes.

heres my choice

st martin
suelo
revenge

or anyone have idea what was more function :wub:

Kuoppa Gomez Bikes

Offline saras20 LT

• Forkglider
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »
I say suelo,theyre the best of the best. I have them,they rock n' stop  :ph34r:

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 07:02:21 PM »
Suelo are the best bang for your buck. I rode the revenge brakes at the jam... god damn they are nice. SUPER smooth, zero flex, and just overall amazing. As FF says, a bit heavier then most brakes, but worth the extra weight. Would i pay 70 dollars for them? no. Id rather spend 45 bucks on the suelo and take the cash saved and put it to something else... lets say rainbow brake pads ;D ;D. Thing is, ive gotten along just fine with my cheap tektros that came with my signal... a brake is such a simple thing, you cant improve it that much. I Dont see the point in spending 30 or more dollars on new brakes that can only be so much more smooth then a cheap tektro. My brakes are dialed perfectly. In my opinion, braking power is limited by so many things. Lets say you have the revenge brakes... if they are not set up right, they are going to brake like sh*t. Or maybe you have black rims, chances are that no matter what brake you have, its going to work sh*ttily in comparison to a chrome rim.

thats just my 2 cents.

sorry for the rant... its just that once youve been riding for a while you realize that you dont need super fancy parts to have a good bike. just look at the 80s riders riding the sh*ttiest brakes you can imagine... and they still rocked out big time. Moral of the story... just ride, ride hard, and dont complain about what you have in life :beer: :beer: :beer:
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Budz

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:46:46 AM »
Demolition is worth a look too. VERY smooth, strong, light, and low stack height.
better overall than St Martin or even Revenge.
Suelo are good.

u can also just put a cheaper Oddy Evo2 on and have it work just as good as something twice the price. dont always believe that just because something costs more that it must be better. ;)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:04:58 AM »
Dave is actually right  ^_^ The most expensive brakes can be set up wrong and work like sh*t!Ive ridden all these except Revenge.On my MAC I run Hombres and on my RIP I have a set of Suelos both equally work perfect ,but its the SETUP that accounts for them working perfect I'm a brake FREAK!!!!!! they Have to be perfect.so get the cheaper ones like Hombres and teach yourself to work on them and learn proper tension and adjustment,keep your rim clean and true.You'll be amazed at how much that helps in itself.Hope this was helpful.......... ;D :beer:

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
SUELO !!! light and strong as hell