Author Topic: Snafu Plastic pegs  (Read 9563 times)

Offline Deadwing

• Hitchhiker
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hashcab217

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
Re: Snafu Plastic pegs
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:49 PM »
looks sweet as, but yeah not sure about durability

slater

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant

stereo

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:54 PM »
Hehe...

click

Aaron Frost

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
There is a reason the Clear Version of the Sequence Majic Sticks never went into production, polycarbonate is NOT bomb proof :)

joelweevil

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
with all the hate going on in the flatland world dealing with sub-par materials and craftsmanship on over-priced flat parts, why would any FOOL keep toying around with the ideas of making more super-light products? you know, the kinds that break after doing nothing on them? why don't our present flatland company owners leave the bullsh*te gimmick crap for k-mart G.T.'s and mongooses instead of tricking the REAL riders into thinking plastic parts are cool for flatland? plastic parts on a flat bike need to be left for seats and cable housings, not pegs. what's next, plastic frames? whatever. TO ALL FLATLAND BIKE AND COMPONENT MANUFACTURERS IN THE INDUSTRY-IF YOU MAKE PARTS THAT LAST LONGER THAN A WEEK, YOU WILL GAIN A LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE, UNLESS PUTTING OUT EXPENSIVE, DISPOSABLE CRAP IS YOUR BUSINESS MODEL AND MONEY-MAKING SCHEME.

Prasheel

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:37:11 PM »
Dojo, no offense, but you're coming off as a whining bitch.

Why is it you assume that just because a component is produced from plastic, it will only last a week?

I don't see what your huge uproar is about.  If you don't like plastic parts, don't purchase them.  There's still an excessive amount of aluminum pegs out on the market.

Sequence, for instance, offers the plastic version along side of the original aluminum/steel cap version.  It's not like he replaced it and is forcing you to purchase the plastic version, the choice is yours.

I, for one, love the idea of plastic pegs, especially in the back.  When my bike slams, it usually lands on the rear pegs, so by replacing my Sequence original pegs with some plastic ones, a portion of the stress applied to the frame is reduced by it being absorbed by the plastic peg.  Sure, I'll have to replace my pegs more frequently, but at the cost of not having to replace my frame because I've cracked yet another one, I'll gladly take it.

Phatman

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
They're already being revised because they broke UBER quick.

TJ Perry

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:05:21 PM »
I've tested a number of plastic pegs and every single pair I ever had blew up on me or cracked badly.

I think they're a terrible idea considering most aluminum pegs can get to around the same weight and last way longer.

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 11:15:11 PM »
it's all about not hurting my riding surface...I still want those aluminum pegs with plastic caps that TOflat (i think it was him) was talking about. 
My sequence pegs left hilarious crescent moon/ smileys needing eyes all over my spot, so I had to switch out and went for the sequence plastic feel the same, sound better, definitely wear quicker (duh  ^_^) but don't hurt what I'm riding on

joelweevil

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 11:36:46 PM »
oh, prasheel, you omnipitent pud... no offense, but watch your mouth. did you see a pro at voodoo shatter his plastic peg? did i make the inference to EVERY plastic part? you know everything? pull your head out of your ass and think. clear plastic is generally more shatter-prone. if you think my response was an uproar, you have problems. once again, you ASSume i want all plastic. use your head, you said there are a lot of alum parts available, no sh*t, idiot. plastic parts bandwagon is gonna burn. par ends for pegs would be fine, but too much more is ridiculous. and dropping your bike with alum pegs will crack your frame??? wtf? is your frame made of 41 sissys? do you want an old Haro plastic brake lever, too? dont forget your plastic huffy sigma wheel covers. just a thought!

joelweevil

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 11:48:44 PM »
omniscient, i mean.

Prasheel

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 01:15:03 AM »
Dojo, you seem obviously upset by something (both in your original post and your latest)...I'm not sure what over or why.

Sorry if you took serious offense to my post.

You made generalizations about every plastic part (apart from seats and cable housings) being trendy and gimmicky, and not lasting longer than a week.  I've been on plastic pegs since Voodoo, and they're still in amazing shape.

I don't think the plastic 'bandwagon' is going to go anywhere any time soon.  Plastic parts work well for a lot of riders, even though it might not work well for you.

And I've gone through 3 frames in 3 summers from riding.  Usually they crack around the seat tube or somewhere in the back end.  If I can prolong the life of my frames by running plastic pegs, I will.  Because the aluminum pegs are harder than the plastic, it sends more impact forces through to the frame.  The pegs don't directly crack the frame, but they do play a role in how long it'll last.

Once again, this isn't a personal attack on you (although I'm sure you'll respond as if it was).

joelweevil

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 01:41:03 AM »
so you call me a bitch and claim its not a personal attack? for opinions? wow, you are no man. puss.

Prasheel

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 01:57:58 AM »
Hahaha, that's what this is all about?  I didn't even say you were a bitch, just that you were coming off that way.

Anyways, I'm over it.

PS: Thanks for the axel adapters in New Orleans!