Author Topic: Negative Marketplace Feedback  (Read 63616 times)

Offline rf65

Maytricks lied, first to Pat Schoolen and then to myself about missing mounts.
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
Maytricks lied, first to Pat Schoolen (see far below) and then to myself about missing mounts.

He's just not being straight AND has sold this Fenix frame to another buyer in the forum.  He did this while the item was still in the middle of a PayPal dispute.  He has neither refunded me, not sent me the frame and although he claims he will refund (sometime???) there's no indication that he will anytime soon or before the PayPal Sep 29th deadline.

This put's me in the position of financing Maytricks and his shaky dealings.
Perhaps Maytricks is an adult child, finding his way and doing the best he can.
But I am not here to finance Maytricks- he can't be straight with me OR Pat Schoolen.

I need the money fully refunded or a tracking number- yes, at this point I would even accept the frame without the hopelessly rare brakemounts, just to resolve the dispute.  But even after keeping the Fenix frame I purchased from him AND the PayPal funds in the amount of $260.00 while simultaneously selling the Fenix frame to a second buyer AND a Succubus frame as well to a differrent seller, supposedly to generate PayPal funds for the refund, money he never should have spent before even shipping the item... he shows no signs of actually refunding the money and instead retreats into a combatitive stance.

I'm really not interrested in having this experience with Maytricks, because then I've lost $260.00 AND I get to have an ongoing bitter exchange with this person who is probably a fundamentally good person, but just a little inexperienced and unnuanced about business matters and reasonable expectations.  Fact is, he took a rare frame and lost mounts that are rarer still, then sold the frame as "new and never assembled", not indicating the mounts he knew were missing were missing and has a personal responsibility issue surrounding this.  Unless Pat Schoolen is lying, but I have to take Pat's work over Maytricks.  Maytricks, if you're reading this, please refund in full... now... not later or never OR ship the frame.  You don't get to keep the money AND the frame- that would be fraud.  I'm not asking you- I'm telling you... because you need to be told.

Re: Any availability on Fenix 19.2
Patrick Schoolen   Add to contacts8/31/14
To: Randall Frank

Well, he is not giving you accurate info. His first frame included mounts. He returned it
without so that we sent his replacement frame without mounts.
Sorry, no 19.2 frames are left. Sent from my iPhone......
Patrick Schoolen www.flatlandfuel.com p515.244.0312
On Aug 31, 2014, at 8:08 PM, Randall Frank <randall_frank@hotmail.com>  wrote:
Any availability on Fenix 19.2?

The guy who took weeks to return the white 18.2, called "Maytricks" on the forum, exchanged it for
your only 18.6... and then I'm guessing lost the mounts for that frame (too ?).

I know you have a 19.8 ...just woried that it's too big - I'm 5'9 1/2"
Randall

From Matricks (below)
Re: I'm your buyer for Fenix

« Sent to: rf65 on: August 22, 2014, 04:42:53 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

Sorry but Pat really dropped the ball on this Fenix frame with me. The
first frame he sent was the wrong size and did not include mounts.

Offline MAYTRICKS

• Backpacker
Re: Negative Marketplace Feedback
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »

I said what I did because at the time it didn't occur to me I sent Patrick the Fenix back without the brakemounts.

It's your own fault paypal has yet to return your money. If you would have worked with me instead of putting all of this energy into torching my name on the board you would have had your money days ago. I sold my like new Deco frame to refund you but, since you opened a opened a case on paypal against me for the transaction the funds I received for the frame to refund you were automatically held by paypal.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »

since you opened a opened a case on paypal against me for the transaction the funds I received for the frame to refund you were automatically held by paypal.

I can vouch for this part as I was just involved in a dispute myself and paypal held my funds until the buyer dropped his claim.  That said, the best thing to do right now is let paypal handle it.  I'm shocked with you though Maytricks, You're an experienced seller for many years and I've done a few good deals with you.  How did it slip your mind to check for brake mounts/ list any flaws or missing pieces?  "C'mon man!"   :D

Offline rf65

« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2014, 03:56:50 AM »
Maytricks, I'm not going to trash you any more or subject the rest of the forum to this toxic energy.   

Either get me my money or get me the frame, sans mounts.

I think the trigger for me was when I got an email from you saying you were going to ship the frame, with or without mounts.

That wasn't ok with me.  You don't get to decide for me (way too controlling) whether I'm stuck with a frame that may be difficult to find mounts for- nobody has these mounts, frame already out of production for several years.

Anyway, it's all been said before.  Get me my money or the frame and I'll write the forum about how when things were difficult... you fixed things.  Do business with Maytricks with confidence, etc.

Not interrested in trashing you.  But want problem fixed.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2014, 07:52:03 AM »

Anyway, it's all been said before.  Get me my money or the frame and I'll write the forum about how when things were difficult... you fixed things.  Do business with Maytricks with confidence, etc.

Not interrested in trashing you.  But want problem fixed.

I brought the frame so Maytricks or Paypal should refund your money.
I hope this situation clears up a.s.a.p.
One Last Ride.

Offline rf65

Maytricks made good on the refund over a dispute. Buy from him with confidence
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
Maytricks made good on the refund over a dispute.  Please buy from him with confidence

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
So I had a terrible experience with "metalbmxer"

He was selling some profile hubs and I told him that I needed a couple of days to get the money together to buy his z-coaster but that I would definitely buy it. The day that I tell him I have the money for him, he tells me that he sold the hubs to someone else. He didn't message me first or anything. I sold things that were valuable to me in order to get the money to buy the hub and he didn't even have the courtesy to say anything to me before selling it out from underneath me. Then he has the audacity to call me and tell me that the hub was no good anyhow and that he sold it to some old-schooler who probably wouldn't notice that it was sluggish (as if this was character redeeming). He framed it as if he had done me a favour when he never once consulted me. Then when I called him on it, he claimed he would do something about it but months later...crickets. And dude is supposed to be a psychiatrist or something. I feel for his clients. In any case, I'm not impressed at all with how it went down and his lack of integrity in setting things right. Stay away from metalbmxer if you want to avoid shadiness.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »
So I had a terrible experience with "metalbmxer"

He was selling some profile hubs and I told him that I needed a couple of days to get the money together to buy his z-coaster but that I would definitely buy it. The day that I tell him I have the money for him, he tells me that he sold the hubs to someone else. He didn't message me first or anything. I sold things that were valuable to me in order to get the money to buy the hub and he didn't even have the courtesy to say anything to me before selling it out from underneath me. Then he has the audacity to call me and tell me that the hub was no good anyhow and that he sold it to some old-schooler who probably wouldn't notice that it was sluggish (as if this was character redeeming). He framed it as if he had done me a favour when he never once consulted me. Then when I called him on it, he claimed he would do something about it but months later...crickets. And dude is supposed to be a psychiatrist or something. I feel for his clients. In any case, I'm not impressed at all with how it went down and his lack of integrity in setting things right. Stay away from metalbmxer if you want to avoid shadiness.

Hey Brandon, I am just now seeing this. I somehow had a bad feeling that when looking at the last poster in the Negative feedback topic and seeing your name that it was going to be about me. I am really sorry about that happening and me essentially screwing you over like that. I should have held out for you to purchase the hubs. What happened is my old show guy who I used to ride for offered the money right then and there asking if they had been purchased. Needing the cash at the time I told him no they had not been purchased yet. In hindsight I should have told him that someone else had dibs on them. I truly apologize for my actions and want to say I have learned something from this experience. I am glad you wrote this post bringing this to my attention as I never got a chance to apologize to you what had happened. Just 1 thing is that after having them serviced at profile I never tested them out so would have felt bad if they still rolled slow. That also factored into my decision. "Sour grapes" is the way I see it in that since I wasn't 100% certain they rolled ok, I didn't want to sell them to someone who I know is a daily rider like myself. My show guy was going to use them for a show build or donate them to his street riders. Again, I sincerely apologize Brandon and hope you can forgive me.

-Dax
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)