Author Topic: Best complete bike?  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Meu

Best complete bike?
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
I'm currently riding an Eastern Ace of Spades but i've started to get more and more interested in flatland and now it feels like the bike is kind of holding me back, mostly because of broken breaks, heavy weight, too big frame and no freecoaster. Now the time has come for me to buy my first flatland bike.

Since i know pretty much nothing about flatland bikes it should be a good idea to ask you experienced people before i buy something, right?

At first i was 100% sure i was going to buy the KHE Paris 2 complete bike from flatlandfuel, but it seems the frame is fragile as hell so i'm having second thoughts about it.

My weight is 75kg and i'm 185cm tall. I'm not very good yet so I shouldn't put to much pressure on the bike. The only (in my opinion) real flatland tricks i've done is firehydrant and decade.

What should i do? Go for the paris, some other complete bike or buy parts separately?

I like my bikes as 'clean' as possible. In my opinion the best looking flatland frame i've seen so far is Suelo simple.

Budget ~1100$

Thank you.

Offline It's like that

• Hitchhiker
Re: Best complete bike?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »
I think that you shouldnt buy high end flatland bike if you're just starting out (welcome btw!)

Just because the bike is a 'high end super expensive ninja bike' doesnt mean that it fits your riding style. You should buy a good beginner bike instead, that's alot cheaper and if you get better and want to change a part you'll still have lots of cash left to do so.

The KHE Stylus is a perfect beginner bike.

Offline RATL

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »
You can build a sick complete with a simple V2 for around 1100.00. go to flatlandfuel.com and play around with some options because 1100.00 is alot of cash. Good luck!

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »
Buy used and build it.

You won't be able to buy a complete to beat that.

There is a really nice complete Suelo simple for sale for $500 in the for sale forums...check it out...well worth the money.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:49 PM »
Use the search function to find other threads the same.

In the end you will find that everyone suggests that you buy a cheap complete then use your money to buy future investments.

When you are learning is when you break the most parts, specially in the first few years of riding and you will be kicking yourself when you crack your Suelo frame from eating the dirt a few times too many.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:51:09 PM »
Meu,

First and foremost, "welcome", if I was in your shoes I would consider two things, one built a new bike or two build a used bike. I say this cause you will need to do research for both options, and knowing the parts that you have pick is half the battle, well not quite but, you know what I mean. There is always a third options and that is to buy a used complete, example the MTF Joker in the used section but there again get to know your parts, this take time, but I think you will appreciate it more....Hope this helps...Russ

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »

In the end you will find that everyone suggests that you buy a cheap complete then use your money to buy future investments.

When you are learning is when you break the most parts, specially in the first few years of riding and you will be kicking yourself when you crack your Suelo frame from eating the dirt a few times too many.

I have to agree with chris.

Just get a DK Signal Complete if your in the states or an og (kun fu 3?? someone correct me) if your in europe.

And pleaseeeeee use the search function. this has been asked a million and one times :beer: :beer:
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

ozz

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
Buy used and build it.

You won't be able to buy a complete to beat that.

There is a really nice complete Suelo simple for sale for $500 in the for sale forums...check it out...well worth the money.+1

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
Mike does have a point...

I think that its just nicer to build something up from stock... to all there own though.
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »

Chris... could you please point out to all the cracked Suelo frames that have been posted here?? Other than the black one just posted.

I searched and found little. Or is this hearsay or did you actually crack one?? I've seen Tim Knoll beat the shyt outta his simple doing darkside stuff and he never cracked his in 2+ years...he did crack his profile cranks....I beat mine to snot and it never cracked...there dozens of others riding Suelo. I'm really curious that's all.

I do know Matt Wilhelm cracked a few...but I mean look at his riding he's harder on his frames than most.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 11:27:02 PM »

Chris... could you please point out to all the cracked Suelo frames that have been posted here?? Other than the black one just posted.

I searched and found little. Or is this hearsay or did you actually crack one?? I've seen Tim Knoll beat the shyt outta his simple doing darkside stuff and he never cracked his in 2+ years...he did crack his profile cranks....I beat mine to snot and it never cracked...there dozens of others riding Suelo. I'm really curious that's all.

I do know Matt Wilhelm cracked a few...but I mean look at his riding he's harder on his frames than most.

I didnt realise global flat has done a flatland rider census and discovered that EVERY FLATLANDER in EXSISTANCE posts on global flat.

Wake up dude, only the minority post here regulary.

Ive actually witnessed first hand two broken suelos - they are not a wise frame for a beginner.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:29:27 PM by EZChris »
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »
 I was merely asking an honest question. And the reason I asked about here is because it provides a place for explanation and pictures. No need to get huffy and hooty dude, that is what this place is...a place to debate and talk about such issues. I also own one and it gets put thru the ringer.

Thanks for your reply.

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 11:39:43 PM »
i recomend a khe tantra half ur budget, and still a nice ride and should hold up well without being to much beginner
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:41:17 PM by condemned bmx »
slater

Offline Tikhonov Dmitry

• Funky Chicken
    • bmxzone.ru
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 11:47:52 PM »
chek this link)) First Russian complete bmx!  ^_^  Price 320 euro

For the 1100$ you can buy paris2 complete bike
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:57:46 PM by Tikhonov Dmitry »
ride bmx, ride flatland , ride street, ride girl, ride beer