Author Topic: My daily spot will soon be occupied - need ideas...  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
My daily spot will soon be occupied - need ideas...
« on: August 20, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »
I love my spot, but it's a school and school begins next week. There isn't much in terms of parks or empty industrial parking lots - all the lots here suck. I want to hit up some tennis courts, but again, they're connected to schools.

I need ideas of places to ride that won't be occupied by students or rich tennis people, etc. It may end up being that I'll have to drive kinda far just to get to a new spot.  :angry:

Offline thatunderscoreguy

• Funky Chicken
Re: My daily spot will soon be occupied - need ideas...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:27 PM »
what's wrong with the street?

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »
what's wrong with the street?
My street is so curved, there's a goddamn time change when I go across the street.

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:20:28 AM »
At the moment i ride at a primary school on the weekends, theres a tennis court in my school but its a bit far away, you should keep your eyes open when your in the area and maybe use google Earth if you don't have any luck. There must be some underground carparks nearby.

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:17:59 AM »
yep.
underground parking garages are dope.
especialy multi level ones.
then you can kinda hide out up a level or 2.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:39:57 AM »
as others said... google earth.

Try to ask around...
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline ediot

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 04:44:14 AM »
when i moved into my current place 3 years ago, i spent half a year exploring the entire place - a circle of 20minute riding radius is a VERY big area to explore, and you will find places regardless. right now i have to make do with a rough, sloped tarmac ground (which eats tires) with a open drain right next to a wet market, even in the coldest of winter my clothes get marinated in that smell that resembles the smell of garbage trucks, but less sour.

f*cking disgusting, but you'll learn to make do and explore - it's part of what flatland is.

good luck with your search mate, hope you find a better spot than i do

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »
I had the same problem. I've been riding at schools because all the parking lots around here suck. After some good exploration though I stumbled across a huge tennis court that is 5 courts in one! Massive! I can ride there in the day until everyone gets off work and starts showing up to play. One night I went riding around just to find spots and found a gem 4 buildings down from my house... a back parking lot to a restaurant that is large and lit up all night long. Not perfectly flat but very close. Just driving around exploring did wonders. Now I have two great spots to ride on the rare occasion that I'm not working. Sometimes the best places are the ones you don't see because they're behind a building.

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »
Churches usually have good lots and are usually empty except for Sundays.
You look like Marty McFly!