Author Topic: Flatring video online  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Flatring video online
« on: September 11, 2006, 09:28:31 PM »

We read that many of you are waiting for the Flatring video so we finished it as soon as possible. It's 20 minutes long and consists of practise, qualification and the battles. You might be wondering why there are no spectators in a few scenes. The reason is that they had to leave during the qualifications.

Length: 20 minutes
Download: click here

At the end of the video there is some bonus footage ;-)

Some of you also noticed the new handlebar Martti and Viki were riding. It's a new KGB bar called Electro Bar. It has as much backsweep as the Sarvet Bar but it's lighter (600g) and higher (8"). You can find a photo here or on the KGB website.

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
Re: Flatring video online
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:11:15 PM »
Thank you God  :wub:
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

nuq

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:13:40 PM »
I'm glad for soo fast video ;D Now im sure that tommorow i will be motivated 1000% for my riding!

GIVE ME MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;)

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:35:17 PM »
justin is so polished and consistent its sickening
top vid

Offline Jody

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 11:40:39 PM »
Great video, love it so much :mellow:

Offline DennyPhiL

• Cliffhanger
  • Goodbye Flatland, hello Freestyle.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:51:26 AM »
wanna hear the crowd!  :beer:
Ma idol Martti kouppa  :beer:
The Return of the come back
MARTTI KOUPPA- :beer:
Kuoppa Gomez Bikes

rully

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 10:45:22 AM »
one thing i love global-flat very much...

the video is as update as a newspaper and local tv news :D

now i wonder how did you guys do it??? i mean video rendering takes at least 3hours, add some editing process, song picking, uploading, put it in the site.... man i myself will do things like that in at least 4 days.

great job guys!
thanks a lot for sharing!

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »
Thank you guys for the positive feedback!

now i wonder how did you guys do it??? i mean video rendering takes at least 3hours, add some editing process, song picking, uploading, put it in the site.... man i myself will do things like that in at least 4 days.

Sunday: 11:00 - 19:00 : Driving home by train
Sunday: 20:00 - 23:00 : Capturing the footage from the DV Camcorder to the PC

Sleeping

Monday: 9:00 - 13:00 : Watching and cutting the footage and choosing the order of the scenes
Monday: 13:00 - 16:00 : Choosing music, creating and adding titles, adding transitions
Monday: 16:00 - 17:00 : Quality Check
Monday: 17:00 - 20:30 : Encoding
Monday: 20:30 - 21:00 : Uploading
Monday: 21:00 - 21:30 : Posting the video on the site

So now you know it ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:48:51 AM by martin »

Offline arzein

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:22:50 PM »
Hi Martin!
thanx for the video. I had to leave early. I hope next time you'll come to Paris we will have time to drink a lot with you "global-flat peoples".
See ya!
 :beer:
Ben.

Offline Danieleflatpe

• dirtypigscrew.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 12:44:45 PM »
Oh manthanks sooo much!!!!!!!!!!
The street-tailwhip in the dork wheeliue of marrti at the end of the vid is awesom!!!!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

The ATM loose......... :angry: :angry:Martti winss ;D ;D ;D ;D

planck

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 05:23:27 PM »
Many thanks guys, awesome vid :)

Si.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 05:21:20 PM »
Yeah, gr8 footage, gr8 riders, gr8 flatland moments, best of the year so far.

Offline ediot

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »
wow the vid's up so quick, thanks very much

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:05:08 PM »
Fantastic video.  Superb.  I have a few observations/comments...

1)  Is there anyone in the world of flatland that's currently more important than Martin?  What in the hell would we do without these contest videos that he puts together?  Seriously, big thanks for all of the efforts, Martin.  Keep 'em coming.

2)  There can't be anyone who is more dialed than Justin.  Kid always seems to know exactly what he's going to get into next, and he never seems to just sort of lose it at the end of a long series of links the way other riders do.  Occasionally his riding tends to have a bit of a calculated feel as a result, but damn is he good, and if you're going to win contests, you have to be somewhat calculating, right?

3)  I like Keelan Phillips right now.  A lot.  Probably my favorite rider at the moment.  He's doing some big singular tricks that no one else seems to be doing, like that no-handed one-footed nose wheelie.  Pretty sick.  I get the feeling he spends more time trying to come up with huge new stuff than he does just practicing his old stuff over and over.  Respect.

4)  Matt Wilhelm can still spin like a mother.  That clip at the end of the vid of him crashing off the floor was pretty scary though.

5)  Wolfgang and the crankless setup... looks pretty interesting, but it also somehow makes it look like the stuff he's doing isn't as hard as the stuff the other guys are doing.  Not sure why exactly.  I'm saying this as a layperson (meaning someone who is strictly a fan of the sport and doesn't ride), so I have no idea what it would really *feel* like to be crankless on a bike, but it *looks* less impressive.  Perhaps it's because he doesn't seem to be doing any combos without cranks that couldn't be done with cranks.  I think that if he ever wants to win a comp with that crankless setup, he's going to have to come up with some stuff that would be impossible to do with the cranks in place, stuff that no one else is even coming close to doing...

6)  It has always seemed to me that the Japanese riders focus more on adding a little flair to the way they land their combos.  Closing out a solid rear-wheel combo with a decade thing onto the front peg is a nice touch.  I think that's why it seems to me personally that the Japanese guys have a different style than riders from the rest of the world, even though they're doing most of the same stuff.  Gotta love the Japanese flatland flavor.

All in all, that looked like an absolutely amazing comp.  Sorry if some of my terminology is off, like I said, I'm just a fan, not a rider.  And thanks again for the vids, Martin ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:07:32 PM by Burd »

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 10:58:23 PM »
Yep, thumbs up for Martin he's been doing a huge favor to this beloved sport, bringing us multimedia content like no other source, we gotta give him some (alot) of credit!

About the winner, hey! In the end the rider that takes the cake is the one who puts down the complicated long combos and Kuoppa's < Cliffhanger to G-Turn to Barspin to etc. > was the sickest sh*t I saw anyone attempting at the video we got from Globla-Flat, he should win just for the attempt, he risked, didn't came out the way he wanted but he risked, the rest we already know, he's one hell of a rider.

I was a bit disapointed at Jumelin and Vicki, they often come up with bad-ass combo's and I didn't saw much this time, gr8 stuff nevertheless. (Obs: Jumelin should ride the Tantra Frame, Paris design looks so wrong!)

Keelan also stood up to my the expectations and I really was eager to see Musselwhite's original riding, I almost cried when I saw he wasn't even at the 2vs2 battle list, did he even went to the contest?

Sauter also stood up to my expectations, unfortunately lol

Verhallen was at a nice level, also bailed hard hehe but I like his style of riding, very much like the one I wanna have someday.

OG Team was a bit weak as I see things, Adam Kun did the stuff he's been doing for time and time again this year, Marton should have taken his place, he's capable of longer/harder combos.

The Japanese riders were also a bit dissapointing. They've been doing that stuff for too long now, almost the same stuff I've seen in any other videos, nice riding but those tricks are getting boring specially couse they seem to be capable of doing so much more...

9 out of 10, for what I've seen the contest was a hymn to Flatland!

PS: Heard a gossip about the possibility of a DVD coming out in a near future, is it for real?