Author Topic: Riding CrankLess? What u think  (Read 10719 times)

nuq

Riding CrankLess? What u think
« on: September 05, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »
I have been riding on my bike whitout crank for about week and i must say i like it! now i have put Crank Chain Spocket and pedals and my bike is like +2kg !! ?I wont to know your opinion about crankless riders like Wolfgang!

Offline BMXFREESTYLE

• Forkglider
Re: Riding CrankLess? What u think
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:45:04 PM »
some people usually use the bike with out cranks to practice some tricks,but when they come back to complete bikes is more difficult to finish some combos.Its ok to prove this kind of riding....some time

but i think.................
the bike is to use Complete!.......if not...we may call it:
the scooter flatlander..

kambmxer

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:05:55 PM »
This has been dicussed in here before...just check the old posts. :mellow:

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

nuq

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 07:36:57 PM »
can u give me a link? cose i dont wont to waste time if its not true:P :ph34r:

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:59:07 PM »
It's true and it's ridicule to ride cranckless...

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »
Riding Crankless is cheating. No matter how good the crankless rider is, I would say to myself "He's good because he doesn't have any cranks on". I rode crankless for a substantial period of time and I know how much easier it  is to some tricks (for example jugglers). Flatland is a challenge, accept it, don't make it easier by eliminating some of the essential parts of the bike, go lighten it up instead.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 10:32:55 PM »
I really didn't want to extend this thread couse this as been discussed b4 but...

I've never rode crankless, it's a fact, BUT I do know how to do hitchhikers and I do know how hard it was at the beggining learning how to avoid those cranks hitting my legs and throwing everything away again and again. Riding crankless is just another way of looking cooler and radical and original and basicly it looks hardcore, it may actually be easier and actually help ya out couse you get that hardcore feeling "I'm so ****in good" and that makes you more confident, but the price to pay for that confidence is way too high to make me accept it.

Flatland is an hard sport, it's un-natural to flatland, "our bodies do not like it", it hurts, it soars in the morning, but that's the magic of it, to learn how to avoid physical and psychological pain and turn it into knowledge for tomorrows session, turn it into power to become, power to learn, power to be best, the best!

Want something that actually helps your riding? Remove your brakes today!, just do it, no second thoughts. After a week of riding you'll notice what many riders have already noticed. Look at St. Martin's team! They do the most crazy stuff flatland has seen in the late years without brakes! They have a beautiful (but limited though) flow! Have you seen Lee's "dork-Wheelie to Hang 5"? Or his "sitdown-crackpacker"? Or even his "crane"! (no hand-sitdown-crackpacker) Just powerfull...
Riding crankless is the answer for your desire to become hardcore.

We gotta face it. Some stuff were meant to be, it's just like that and there's no changing it. BMX Flatland should be ALL about riding, 100% blood, sweat and tears.

Don't get me wrong, but I do have my front brake, it's not hipocrisy, I feel unsafe riding from home to my usual spot, I really can't remove it, i gotta go thru roads and stuff that's possibly dangerous but I can say for sure that just for being there it does slows down my evolution, I'm constantly tapping it as soon as I feel I'm gonna bail but I realize quickly that If I don't I won't bail that easily couse it makes me try harder no to miss the trick/movement, it's hard to explain sorry.

Make yourself a favor, make flatland community a favor, ride like hell, remove your brakes and never your cranks...

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:39:03 PM by Hugo @ Portugal »

planck

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 01:06:57 AM »
I wont to know your opinion about crankless riders like Wolfgang!

Umm, Wolfgang rides with cranks, just no sproket/chain (and he has a front hub on his rear wheel). Unless I'm mistaken...

Si.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »
Damn, can that be true? I mean, he's a rear wheel rider how can he not use a freecoaster  :huh:

Offline cha

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 03:59:56 AM »
Damn, can that be true? I mean, he's a rear wheel rider how can he not use a freecoaster  :huh:

he has no chain and sprocket so his riding doesn't affect the cranks can it? ^_^

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »

he has no chain and sprocket so his riding doesn't affect the cranks can it? ^_^

Last time I seen him ride, he was riding with a crank, but no sprocket and chain.
I rode like this for some time also, with a front wheel in the back. It really lightens up your back end.
This type of riding isnt cheating at all and its easy to imagine it if you have never tried it before. Just image doing tricks where you dont need to pedal. After i put my cranks back on I would almost never pedal... 

Offline seb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »
you could read this in his ITW for global-flat :

Q: Why do you only have cranks on your bike and no chain?

Wolfgang: At the moment I ride small pegs instead of a crank… I just try different things and if it feels good, I keep it. Hey, that’s freestyle, not every bike (or scooter) has to look equal. For me it’s a step forward – because of that I got a different style and new things came to my mind…respect to Bruce Crisman! (streetrider without chain)

Offline Danieleflatpe

• dirtypigscrew.blogspot.com
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 01:35:46 PM »
It'true that riding crankless is confortable,but you donn't want do pedal triks????man!!!!!
crank is an imortant part of the bike!!!

f*ck the stupid riding pegless,it is ridicle and....but f*ckkk!!!

And the crankless is easily for person that don't want hurt..
Flatland is a flat bike with crank and a zero fork,is not important the weight and all other things for ^viziati^ riders!!!

You have muscles,from the errors we grew up!!!
brakeless is tilish,but crankless is for pain person!

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 02:45:20 PM »
Well I never really liked watching W. Sauter's riding style so he can even remove his seat+seatpost+cranks+whatever, Im still not gonna like his flow...

nuq

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 02:53:51 PM »
Hm first of all I ride like 6 years and i dont have any problems whit hitchiker and other tings;) soo my crank never interupt me!!

Second of all Wolfgang Ride Crankless cose I saw him on Bmx Masters in Cologne in Germany Few months ago! he go small pegs in euro bb on his tantra frame! and his style is awsome cose he can roll endless;) Stylish! 

now is second day that i ride whit crank and i must say that is to hard! That weight just will kill me! :D If i dont get used to crank i will remove it imidietly! And I dont care if u call me scooter:P

Greeting For You All
And sorry for my mistakes! Im From Poland and english is not my borned....

Cya