Author Topic: Painkillers  (Read 1812 times)

byke

Painkillers
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
So who here uses them,
and who here has used them on a regular basis for a long period of time?

The idea of a painkiller is to treat pain for the short term, but generally many of us use them on a long term basis as the area that causes pain never really heals (especially arthritic conditions, worn out bits etc)

I myself had been prescribed them for many years for multiple symptoms.
But as I have gotten older, I have become more aware of their short term action and their long term effects. I am no health freak by any means and eat way too much junk food, but it would be interesting to see if other riders like myself feel we are entering a new era of sport related damages effecting us over much longer periods of time than just bones healing.

Paracetamol (sp?) based drugs which are very common over here in europe and are available without prescription and are used to treat everything from cuts and saws to headaches etc are especially recommended or promoted as a harmless drug which as I get older I believe is very wrong.

Now in my my "ripe-r" years I find myself much more aware of using painkillers as I have learnt the hard way of their side effects. And while long term studies have not concluded any exact evidence to any side effects, I do believe they exist to the point where it will effect the quality of life of its users later on.

Any other long time medication (not recreational drug users) on here?
and any views on their long time effects?

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Painkillers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
f*ck The Pain Away...Humm, no gimme gimme hear. Olive oil is good, you are what you eat. Castor/ Almond oil / Wheat Germ Oil...does not hurt to have a spoon full a day.  Stuff your self with a quick fix, then so is the result SHORT.

Time to sleep...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE