Author Topic: Flatland scene in victoria BC???????  (Read 4239 times)

Offline D.styles

Flatland scene in victoria BC???????
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »
Hey I currently ride in Ontario but I'm moving to Victoria to go to school... There must be a scene on vancouver island.. Am I right...?

Offline joey_K

• Hitchhiker
Re: Flatland scene in victoria BC???????
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:47:25 AM »
hey man, ya there are a couple of riders here...

theres me and 3 others that ride regularly in various spots around town. we usually get together for wednesday sessions but i ride as much as i can when i am not in a school term.

victoria is a awesome place for riding, we have good lots and a underground for winter. it rains a lot in winter but the temp is always reasonable, so riding happens year round!

are u going to uvic?

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »
yow
isnt  that in lower Victoria island as i see most of Victoria island
is like ice and barren area. it rains there alot period and even in the
summer it rains alot!

Offline gpratt

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:17:57 PM »
Hey man, lower Vancouver Island, yeah. But ice, barren, rains in the summer? You're thinking of somewhere else. It's grey here more than it really should be, but apart from that, it's pretty mild year-round.
Cheers,
Greg

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »
naw
i am thinking of Victoria island mate
i seen the area and i know that it is a huge ass island and
the top 1/2 is like barren and TUNDRA as they call it.

Offline gpratt

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:42:39 PM »
I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island, B.C.). There is lots of farm land and whatnot on the top half. But it's not a barren tundra of ice or anything. And here in Victoria it's just a normal middle-sized city with fairly mild weather all the time.
Cheers,
Greg

Offline D.styles

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 02:59:36 AM »
Hey,
That's awsome to hear that there's a little posse of riders in Victoria!!! I'm planning on applying at Uvic but I am going to move there and get to know the area a bit first... I'm not worried about the weather.. I was visiting Tofino in January and it was way more temperate than a winter in Southern Ontario..! Barren?? I'm sure there will be cool places to ride in the city... can't wait!!!
-Danielle
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:02:11 AM by D.styles »

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 09:50:47 AM »
yeah the southern area of Victoria is cool
plenty of stuff to do and heard it is very good
place to live!

Offline JDF

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 08:41:05 AM »
Yeah, we got a good crew of 4-5 riders and EVERYONE is welcome!  I only ride once per week, but we try to ride for 3-4 hours and go hard when we do!

Victoria, (the capital city of British Columbia, the western-most province in CANADA) is on Vancouver Island.  Its a mediterranean climate and often receives no snow for several years at a time.  In fact, many places in the US are far colder than Victoria.  :)

We got a good crew and we all do different tricks, which is nice.  And we're super supportive...all we care about is having fun and making each other better riders.  I have a few vids of me and "gpratt" on YouTube.  We're not advanced riders or anything, just having fun and progressing in our own little way:

http://youtube.com/user/JayDeeEff