Author Topic: Post your bike pics......V2  (Read 1685854 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Post your bike pics......V2
« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »

;D

Whats going on with the lower gyro cable?

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »

;D

Hi that was so nice.!!! Spec's please!

Thanks for all the kind words!

08 garuda
Og caramel 2
sequence hook
abadthing forks
duralectra rims with geisha/fly hubs
flybrakes with m2lever and back cable from ares
thomson seatpost
flybikes fino seat
sequence pegs
2 piece hindy's with tree sprocket...

Whats going on with the lower gyro cable?

yeah I fixed that now, I had to wait to find a ferrule(sp?) to put in the lower guide, it's all fixed up now so the stress won't only be on my gyro tabs...

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
I dont want to be an ass here but after browsing through some 20 pages of this thread I cant help but to notice that most of the bikes look like they never ever get used. Not only are they well functional but they shine like they came out the shop just a minute ago.

Whats up with that? I look after my bike and grease it and all that but heck no matter how much I polish it'll still look worn out..

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
I dont want to be an ass here but after browsing through some 20 pages of this thread I cant help but to notice that most of the bikes look like they never ever get used. Not only are they well functional but they shine like they came out the shop just a minute ago.

Whats up with that? I look after my bike and grease it and all that but heck no matter how much I polish it'll still look worn out..
And................ :huh:

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »
Well... no more beginner bike (Stylus) for me...

Here she is:

St. Martin Class X2 18.1 Frame
Suelo V2 fork
KHE SwissMiss bar and stem combo
Fly Integrated Headset
Ody front brake
Poverty brake lever
Rainbow Pads (tho' fabuloth!)
Ody Slic Cable
Delrin Hiker Helpers Bar Ends
KHE Wheels
Taska Rear hub
St. Martin EcoFlat Cranks and Sprocket
Ody LE PC Pedals
Redline chain
St. Martin Seat Post
Plastic Seat
St. Martin Pegs
KHE Premium Folding Tires
Sadio Plastic BB
Custom Nard Guard (made by me)

Complete bike weight: 20.96lbs.

Hoya: I think almost everybody rides hard here whose posted their bike. My excuse for my bikes looking nice all the time is that I keep all my stuff like that - my cars, my motorcycels and all my bicycles.

Why? Because I work my ass off for what I have. Especially my dirt bike... which I've tumbled down hills, dropped it many, many, many times over and after every ride I detail the hell out of it to look nice again after it's been caked in 4 inches + of mud.

My brother is the same way. He rides grueling 24 hour cross country MTB, and his stuff always looks new (his bikes range in the $5K range). He and I have a philosophy of really keeping our hard-earned possessions (and I do mean very hard earned, especially when working a 100% commission job, like me) very nice. :)

Ron Seay

« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2008, 07:23:39 PM »

most riders only post there bike when its at its best looking, which is when its brand new
There are a few here that are frame/parts whores though...its ok Pat at FF is happy :rolleyes:

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2008, 07:47:28 PM »
Well... no more beginner bike (Stylus) for me...

Here she is:

St. Martin Class X2 18.1 Frame
Suelo V2 fork
KHE SwissMiss bar and stem combo
Fly Integrated Headset
Ody front brake
Poverty brake lever
Rainbow Pads (tho' fabuloth!)
Ody Slic Cable
Delrin Hiker Helpers Bar Ends
KHE Wheels
Taska Rear hub
St. Martin EcoFlat Cranks and Sprocket
Ody LE PC Pedals
Redline chain
St. Martin Seat Post
Plastic Seat
St. Martin Pegs
KHE Premium Folding Tires
Sadio Plastic BB
Custom Nard Guard (made by me)

Complete bike weight: 20.96lbs.

Hoya: I think almost everybody rides hard here whose posted their bike. My excuse for my bikes looking nice all the time is that I keep all my stuff like that - my cars, my motorcycels and all my bicycles.

Why? Because I work my ass off for what I have. Especially my dirt bike... which I've tumbled down hills, dropped it many, many, many times over and after every ride I detail the hell out of it to look nice again after it's been caked in 4 inches + of mud.

My brother is the same way. He rides grueling 24 hour cross country MTB, and his stuff always looks new (his bikes range in the $5K range). He and I have a philosophy of really keeping our hard-earned possessions (and I do mean very hard earned, especially when working a 100% commission job, like me) very nice. :)
Exactly , Why wouldnt ya keep you $1000 plus bike nice even a street or mountain bike clean. I work hard for my stuff ,it's worth it to me to take the time.A clean piece of equipment runs better.Even my mower gets bathed and cleaned so it will not only run better ,but last longer as well!! Just a personal habit some people do and some don't. No biggie   ;D :beer: Dion nice ride by the way, that Orange kicks that Green up a few!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline jazzman

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »
I like the class X frame man, looks like a real joy to ride!
"This thread is hilarious. "-TJ Perry
"I feel the same about your political opinion as I do about your d!ck. I'm glad you have it, I'm glad you're so very proud of it..but I do not want to hear about it, compare it to mine, or see you wave it around.

After all, everyone believes their own is perfect anyway."

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »
I repeat, I dont mean to sound like and ass, and I think most bikes look really good. Its just that I fail to see how it actually works. No matter how much you clean something there'll still be scratches and wear that you cant polish away. I mean, even the tires look brand new in most pics. I clean my bike off alot too but there is no way I'd ever get it too look more or less brand new unless I re-paint it..

No pun intended at all. Its just that it seems more or less impossible

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »
To Hoya: bikes look new because that is when you post pics.  I only post when I have added new parts.  Why post a pic of a busted up dirty ride? It doesn't mean we don't ride our bikes.

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »
Geh take it easy. I was just curious -_-

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »
Bikes are photogenic. Like when some ppl look better in photos than in real life.
Bikes are actually covered in small scratches and scuff marks, but they never show up in photos. My bike is the same, the frame and cranks have scratches all over, but never show up. Loads of ppl also change parts and post before its used.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #703 on: October 20, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »
^ exactly  :beer:

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #704 on: October 20, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »
my khe seat is not white anymore, but every time take a photo of my bike it looks brand new.  ;D