Author Topic: NWA Jam - Arkansas  (Read 14016 times)

Max S

NWA Jam - Arkansas
« on: June 19, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
To anyone interested, I am looking to put on a Jam here in Rogers, AR on Saturday July 19th.  Rogers is located in North West Arkansas, hence NWA.  Any and all are welcome to come.  I am going to try and get a few sponsors on board for some giveaways and I'll post up more specific site information and possibly some photos of the lot....Max

joelweevil

Re: NWA Jam - Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 05:14:23 PM »
Daaaammmmmmnnnnnnn skippy, ALL ABOARD!!!!  i might have to hitchhike up there!!!

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »
sh*t son, this nikka wit an attitude will be there!!lol,looking forward to atleast meeting if not getting to ride with you guys!!

Max S

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:38:59 AM »
Good news!  I talked to our local bmx shop today and he said "without hesitation" that he would love to be involved in our jam.  He wants to throw in some stuff from the shop and he said that he is going to get in touch with all of his vendors to see what they would be willing to contribute.  He also said that they have a tent that can be brought out to provide shade.  Next on my list is securing a beverage sponsor. 

The jam lot is practically connected to a bike friendly skate park, so if you guys know of any local park riders who might want to make the trip we have something for them as well.

Also, I talked to Trevor Meyer today and he said that his schedule is open and he WILL be here for the jam!

Offline zerocool5468

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:20:03 AM »
its gonna be sweet. to bad i'm such a noob and gonna make a fool of myself up there :). wan't wait though.

Max S

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:00:15 AM »
its gonna be sweet. to bad i'm such a noob and gonna make a fool of myself up there :). wan't wait though.
You won't make a fool of yourself.  You'll be doing the same as EVERYONE who is there, which is trying to learn tricks.  Whether it's your first trick or your hundredth we are all beginners in a sense when we choose to learn a new trick no matter how long we have been riding.  A pro rider named Eugene Collins once said, "flatland is an infinite art form, no matter how far you go you are always at the beginning."  That's an awesome quote and it is so true.

It's gonna be fun and you'll get nothing but encouragement.

Offline zerocool5468

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »
thanks coach.

Offline matt thomas

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 12:21:05 PM »
myself, and a atleast 2 STL guys are going to try and make it. sound like a fun trip. how long did it take you to drive to stl max?

Offline zerocool5468

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
st louis is 5 and 1/2 hours.

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
kansas city will be present.

joelweevil

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 03:52:41 PM »
hey kansas city, bring some sammiches.

Max S

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »
myself, and a atleast 2 STL guys are going to try and make it. sound like a fun trip. how long did it take you to drive to stl max?
That'll be awesome if you guys can make the trip!  Like zerocool said, it's about 5.5hrs, but it's an easy drive.  I-44W to Joplin,MO and then S on US-71 for 45min to 1 hr and you are here.

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »
joel, that's funny you mention sammiches since my favorite breakfast joint offers several sammich options.

joelweevil

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:20 PM »
dude, J, where'd you find a joint sammich?

Max S

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 10:46:27 PM »
Here is the best photo that I have of the lot.  There was some guy just going off in the lot when the photo was taken! :rolleyes:  The scenery on the other side of the lot is a lot nicer.  Photo compliments of Dojo jojo
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:49:52 PM by Silky Johnson »