Author Topic: 2008 Flatland Voodoo Jam Final Battle Video - Plus 43 Photos  (Read 35144 times)

Offline Fat Tony

• Backpacker
On ridebmx.com

Final Battle Video - http://www.ridebmx.com/video.jsp?ID=1000005882&type=video

Photo Gallery - http://www.ridebmx.com/gallery.jsp?ID=1000021987

Full Results - http://www.ridebmx.com/article.jsp?ID=1000061088&type=news

I'll have a video with highlights from the finals posted later in the week.
-fat

PS: Whoever said they'd give $20 to the person with the best photo from the comp in 48hrs... I think you owe me some money.  :mellow:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:20:33 PM by Fat Tony »

Offline jazzman

• Cliffhanger
Re: 2008 Flatland Voodoo Jam Final Battle Video
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
matt is killin!
"This thread is hilarious. "-TJ Perry
"I feel the same about your political opinion as I do about your d!ck. I'm glad you have it, I'm glad you're so very proud of it..but I do not want to hear about it, compare it to mine, or see you wave it around.

After all, everyone believes their own is perfect anyway."

Phatman

Re: 2008 Flatland Voodoo Jam Final Battle Video - Plus 43 Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »
Seriously how did Matt get 2nd!!!??!?!?!

TJ Perry

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:13:14 PM »
Seriously how did Matt get 2nd!!!??!?!?!

He got 2nd because I and 4 others decided that he didn't ride well enough to get first.

Phatman

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:19:48 PM »
from what i saw thats a crazy decision!

TJ Perry

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »

From what I saw (from the judges table) Uchi rode better. I'm not going to defend my decision. It wasn't just me, it was 4 out of 5 judges that made the decision.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »
flatland is about innovation, and the stuff Uchie brought into the contest was not only really innovative, but also extremely difficult. Matt's routines where really really difficult, but he's been practicing those tricks now for years-in fact, little change from his routine last year at Voodo. besides, Matt's made a few mistakes in the first two rounds, whereas Uchie's first rounds where faultless. the opposite happened at the end, but it is precisely at the beginning when riders make the most impression.

I think it was a though decision but innovation wise, I agree with the results. 

Offline jazzman

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »
well....

I dig matt, but can see how Uchi won!  Nice to see a different face at the top!
"This thread is hilarious. "-TJ Perry
"I feel the same about your political opinion as I do about your d!ck. I'm glad you have it, I'm glad you're so very proud of it..but I do not want to hear about it, compare it to mine, or see you wave it around.

After all, everyone believes their own is perfect anyway."

apoirier

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »
I think the judging system was great, the only decision that shocked me was a all 5 judges voting that Matt Wilhelm beat Dominik...I think that should have been a lot closer, other then that, I think the judging was fair and well done, so many tough decisions, anyone who complains about judging needs to realize its so hard not to be biased in this situation thinking you see riders fall but you've seen them do the tricks before, its gotta be hard to seperate yourself from footage you've seen before, and riders you like more...And all that jazz.

Max S

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 05:22:23 AM »
I kept commenting to "whoever" was next to me all throughout the contest that I would not want to be sitting at the judges' table.  Voodoo Jam 2008 was completely insane and IMO the riding was on a whole other level from previous years.  Actually being there was a whole lot different than watching this video.  I thought that the final could have easily gone either way.  Uuchi and Matt were both killing it, but I don't think that ANYONE was expecting to see the combos that Uuchi brought to Voodoo Jam 2008.  Great job by everyone (judges included) and mad props to Dominik for throwing down some of the most completely insane sh*t of the contest. 

Thanks to ALL who were involved and I hope to be there and see you all again next year! :beer:

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 06:59:45 AM »
----Cool to see the end battle, thanks.  ;D

jffe

joelweevil

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »
i saw you talking to that guy quite a bit at the comp. i know of him and he's pretty much a moody phuckker.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »

From what I saw (from the judges table) Uchi rode better. I'm not going to defend my decision. It wasn't just me, it was 4 out of 5 judges that made the decision.

just curious TJ, who sat at the jury table? did Chad compete?

also, maybe you know, but why didn't Viky come?

I would have really liked to see him, and Waldmar too

I really hope I can make it to Voodo next year.

TJ Perry

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 08:55:15 AM »
It was Bobby Carter, Gabe Kadmiri, Jody Temple, myself, and a gentlemen whose name escapes me because I learned like fifty names this weekend and I'm bad with names I'm sorry :(

Certainly wasn't a few people picked from the crowd.

Dominic was definitely insane. I was dogging on him because he never landed anything in practice.... because his links went on forever and ever. Honestly, he was going for 2 minute long links and not riding out. filming that is very, very, frustrating. He's also an INCREDIBLY nice guy and I cannot wait to go out drinking with him again.

<3

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 01:05:12 PM »
bah, apple quicktime, illwait for someone to youtube it
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.