Author Topic: KHE Unique complete. Comments?  (Read 8177 times)

Offline Spud

• http://
KHE Unique complete. Comments?
« on: February 08, 2005, 10:25:57 PM »
Im gonna buy KHE Unique complete as my next bike. Does anybody have some information about it? Can it last like real riding? What about parts what are in it? Do they jam or anything like that?  I hope that someone who knows something about these issues, could give some tips. Peace! :)  

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:17:29 AM »
Why don't you buy the equilibrium ? hehe ;)

Can you list the parts that are on the unique bike ? Cause I can't find it on the KHE site anymore ..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 09:20:53 AM by martin »

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 11:19:15 AM »
heres the list of the parts:

At 22.8 pounds this is as light as a flatland bike can get!

TT: 19"
Color: Mint Green or Black

-Full alloy flatland frame
-K-Pro Flat alloy fork
-New F-SET integrated rotor system
-K-Pro Style Bar/Stem Combo full alloy
-Diatech Hombre brakes with fiesta upgrade
-Diatech Tech 99 Levers
-K-Pro 3piece 165mm alloy crank with sealed Bottom Bracket bearings
-K-Pro 28T alloy chainwheel with Carbon finish
-K-Pro PVC pedals
-K-Pro Edge wheelset with Nankai Freecoaster
-K-Pro flat saddle
-K-Pro heat treated alloy T6 Pegs

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 05:12:26 PM »
I never rode a unique so I can't tell you which one is better in my opinion. Beside that I really like my equilibrium.

Ok concerning the parts that you posted: I heard bad stuff about the khe alloy fork. I would prefer a odyssey. It's a really great fork and you get lifetime guarantee.

Second thing, I'm not sure about the khe pro edge wheelset. I don't know how hard you ride your bike but I prefer some more spokes hehe
I'm not absolutle sure but the rear wheel has only 32 spokes ( ? )
Don't know how hard you ride your bike ....  

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »
I bought only the frame. No complete bike.

I've got a alex supra edge rim for my rear wheel ( I'm not sure but has the khe wheelset maybe this rim, too ? Because it's called "edge wheelset" .. ) and this rim is really cheap und really light. But it's already twisted a bit after 1 month of riding. And I've got a 48 holes rim. What's going to happen with the 32 holes one ? hehe

Offline mcvictory

• http://www.global-flat.com
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 02:16:52 AM »
my friend is soon purchasing a khe messershmidt.. but only because he is on a tight buget, i personally dont like the f-set, although i havent personally ridden one im only commenting on how it looks, im just so used to the old version that i dont want a change

Offline Jason Sparks

• Forkglider
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 01:29:54 AM »

I have felt MR frame with KHE flat Alloy fork and K-PRO style bar/stem combo.
These are the same fork and bars as the unique has.
I've had this front end for about 4 months and so far so good. I only had one little problem concerning the removable 990 brake mounts in which they came loose it only happend once. but if you ride brakeless you can remove the mounts. I also had some concerns about the strength of an alloy fork but the beauty of the welds assured me of a well fabricated part. I purchesed these parts because of the zero degree offset design in combination with how light weight the parts were. I work at a bike shop in miami beach and we sell KHE bikes and parts. I had to assemble the bikes we got in and when putting the F-set togeather I found it rather teidias.  It seems that IF there were a problem with the F-set that it would require more work than normal. The F-set only uses specific cables designed for the F-set .  

Old Schooler

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 04:47:40 PM »
I recently bought a new KHE Unique by mail order and have had it for about a month now.  Here are the things I've noticed so far: (1) Very light, which I like. Much lighter than most other flatland bikes I've seen/ridden, and probably 10 lbs. lighter than my last bike, a Hoffman EP. (2) the F-Set is a problem - it jams very easily. You'll have to take it apart and sand all the paint off of it, grease it, then reassemble it.  The Unique was supposed to come with the Pro version, which has bearings, but mine did not.  Also, getting replacement upper cables might be a hassle. (3) Wheels: I have the 32 spoke wheels.  I ride at least an hour a day, have had the bike for a month, and have had no problems with the wheels - they're still straight.  And I weigh 175 lbs. But I don't ride street/jumps. (4) Bar/stem combo: very quick and light, which is good, but no adjustments.  I may end up switching back to a standard stem/bar setup, but for now I've decided to try to get used to it.

Overall I like the bike a lot - lots of very good parts for a decent price.  Frame, fork, and cranks are awesome, brakes work well.  The F-set is my only complaint.

Guest_Spud

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 02:11:52 PM »
Any idea how the The F-set Pro works? I think thats in the Equilibrium complete. I was thinking to start riding without rearbrakes, so it doesnt matter so much if the the basic F-set jams all the time... (if I buy the Unique)  

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
if you don't want a rear brake you don't have to care about the f set rotor stuff ....

Old Schooler

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 03:48:52 AM »
The Pro works the same as the regular, except it has ball bearings in between the upper and lower discs instead of just metal on metal.  Fundamentally the F-set is the same thing as the old ACS Rotor, but it's internal.  And it only jammed at first.  Once I sanded all the paint off and greased it, it's worked OK so far.

Re: KHE Unique complete. Comments?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 09:24:18 PM »
i dont meen to bring up a old post, but anyone still have a unique they are not using , i would like to go back to using 1-

i can be contacted @ the # below
thanks

tim
419-810-7710

Offline mr666nice

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 04:17:44 PM »
hi,

I ride the equilibrium for 6 month now and i am very satisfied!
the only problem are the 32 spokes back wheel, i do only backwheel
tricks and broke 2 spokes by now, that sucks!

but I have to say, that I pulled the spokes very tight at first, so
perhaps that´s the reason. but all in all you can´t go wrong with
the equilibrium.

Offline nika

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 12:06:53 AM »
I got my unique off ebay recently, it is nice and light but not as light as I seem to remember the one I played on in Billy's was (wondering if the crank and wheels were changed for cheaper KHE stuff before I got hold of it).
My only real gripe is my feet keep hitting the front tyre when I go to spin on the front wheel and once or twice the back of my foot hits the back pegs, and my feet aren't exactly huge..
Smaller crank arms, I know, but has anyone else had this problem?
My wheels are the 32 spoke (no weight reducing holes drilled though), cranks are 165mm, not sure what the spindle is made from, haven't taken it out yet.. do these sound like stock items? Only I can't find any good pics of a new unique on the net anymore.
I just changed the bar stem combo for hiros and an SoD stem (MTB stem with shim) cos I needed more legroom, haven't got used to it yet but got this nagging suspish that I preferred the good old K-pro.. dang.
Being six feet tall really bugs me sometimes.
sausages and plants and goldfish