Author Topic: Johnu773 Hooked me up!!!!  (Read 15663 times)

Offline Emerge

• www.mfbartproductions.com
Re: Johnu773 Hooked me up!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 03:10:27 AM »
yeah how much for that paris 1  :wacko: ha ha ha!

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 04:39:41 AM »
I don't have any extra flatland frames because I gave them all away.  If someone doesn't have the cash and wants to ride flat, well here ya go.  I've given soo many frames and parts to people.  I think it's more worth a guy being able to keep riding or start riding flat than making a buck.  Some of the stuff I gave away was almost life changing if you know what I mean.  You got a kid trying to ride a freakin thrashed Haro from Oshmans, to a Hoffman ep with a dumpload of extra parts for freakin free!  He told me later that he learned alot of tricks since he got the Hoffman frame.  That made me feel like I accomplished something.  I will continue to do that to this day.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2008, 04:48:15 AM »
I don't have any extra flatland frames because I gave them all away.  If someone doesn't have the cash and wants to ride flat, well here ya go.  I've given soo many frames and parts to people.  I think it's more worth a guy being able to keep riding or start riding flat than making a buck.  Some of the stuff I gave away was almost life changing if you know what I mean.  You got a kid trying to ride a freakin thrashed Haro from Oshmans, to a Hoffman ep with a dumpload of extra parts for freakin free!  He told me later that he learned alot of tricks since he got the Hoffman frame.  That made me feel like I accomplished something.  I will continue to do that to this day.

that's exactlly how i feel when i give stuff away!!!  sometimes it hurts when i give something to someone and then they quit and give it away or sell it.  it almost makes me feel as though i failed, but hey, it's not for everyone i guess.  props to stubleduck43!!!

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 05:01:33 AM »
I just hooked up an old childhood buddy with almost a whole bike.  I mean, I love him as a brother and just recently got back in contact with him.  He saw that I picked up flatland again at all he could afford was a Walgoose.  I said "F that!"  So I hooked him up with a Fly Micromachine with various parts from me and others.  The frame and fork was from Jeremy Jones.  Everything else was from me and friends (such as Gensanity).  I think that's the way it should be.  Help your brothers out, it will all come back to you.  If it doesn't, at least you made a difference in your brothers flatland life.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 05:11:02 AM »
i've been hookin needy kids up lately.  not so much w/bmx bikes, but just kids who have no means to ride any bike at all.  i'll take whatever road/mtn or bmx i can find , fix it to make it safe and give it to those who really need it.  i figure if i can get a few more kids into riding any type of bike, then maybe they won't turn to gangs or drugs because they were limited to the local hood or street corner.

Offline Emerge

• www.mfbartproductions.com
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 07:53:50 AM »
brian fukin hooked me up wit most of my bike i came wit a seat post a seat and some wheels
and told him i wanna flatland and in 20 min. had a bike thats real sh*t thanks b-man
 :beer: ;D :beer:

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
Make your way up to Toronto John. Youve got beer waiting for you.  :ph34r:
thanks, one of these days i just may do that

it's been 4 years since this thread and I "still" never made it to Toronto..... hahaha  one day

Offline OZ-FLAT

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »
Thanks for still sticking around John, reading through this thread tells me that there is still decent people in this world!