Author Topic: Kevin Jones was inspired by these riders  (Read 9319 times)

Offline jmctigret

• Backpacker
Re: Kevin Jones was inspired by these riders
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »

Yes I was trying to be funny. The movie Rad got to be the most goofy movie in the 80's. Remember in one of the dorken videos Kevin Jones is rideing and the song Send Me An Angel comes on and he picks up the radio and throws it into a baseketball rim...lol

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 11:58:51 PM »
----Rad was lame when I saw it at the theater, and it's not worth mentioning now for gawd's sake, let = it go.  :rolleyes:

jffe

rad is what turned me from a "doin it cuz everyone else was" rider into a "hey i can do that, i'm progressing" rider.

only three good things about the movie itself...

1)intro
2)outro
3) LORIE LAUGHLIN ;D

Thlayli

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 01:43:00 AM »
And, of course, in the dance scene, Lori Loughlin = Eddie Fiola in drag.

GOD that movie was so horrible.

Offline ToneBone

• Hitchhiker
  • Lion in Zion
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »
Sounds like some of you dudes has seen more of the center section of the
movie than I did....Lori was hot.
  ;D:beer:
Ride in the Wind

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 02:07:30 AM »
Rad is definately a "you had to be there" kind of thing.  And I mean in the 80's and wearing something neon.

Thlayli

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 02:45:50 AM »
Rad is definately a "you had to be there" kind of thing.  And I mean in the 80's and wearing something neon.

Don't forget spandex. Neon and spandex. We looked like retarded manga superheroes.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »
all i can say is that i saw rad in the theater.twice

someone was laughing at you all the way to the bank with that $8. lol
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »
I have yet to find a girl stoked on the idea of "ass sliding" on a date...

they like it but you have to make the ass slide happen without them knowing its coming.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »

Don't forget spandex. Neon and spandex. We looked like retarded manga superheroes.

I think retarted manga superheros is on deck to be fly again next year or two.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »
Its kitschy, but got people riding.
That neon+spandex fashion faux pas is back in this summer along with the t-shirts with big font sayings....GET RAD...lol
I threw out all my vision streetwear and my Air Walk Prototypes( should kept this stuff), but kept the cool Skull Skates and Skate Rags.

Some of you must have some real dandy BMX vintage clothing or accessories. Was there anything exclusive apart from the skate clothing or just the stuff the team riders would wear?
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
I have yet to find a girl stoked on the idea of "ass sliding" on a date...

they like it but you have to make the ass slide happen without them knowing its coming.

Haha... good advice. I think I may have been too much of a gentleman with my approach!  ;D

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 01:05:43 AM »
Its kitschy, but got people riding.
That neon+spandex fashion faux pas is back in this summer along with the t-shirts with big font sayings....GET RAD...lol
I threw out all my vision streetwear and my Air Walk Prototypes( should kept this stuff), but kept the cool Skull Skates and Skate Rags.

Some of you must have some real dandy BMX vintage clothing or accessories. Was there anything exclusive apart from the skate clothing or just the stuff the team riders would wear?

----Disclaimer : This is NOT me being nostalgic ha-ha. I recall a bmx-related clothing fad from high school, colored Levis. Well, it became a bmxer fad after 3 of us got them. I copied the first guy, and my friend copied me, and since we all rode and went to that school, it picked up from there. Anyways, yeah, I had turquoise Levi 501s, and not surprisingly that fit right in with the whole 80's "style" in general. What's kind of odd, is that those colored Levis (red, turquoise, and a horrible dark/brick yellow if I recall the 3 colors),  did not seem to catch on in our city at all really, outside of 'bmx fashion' really. Just out of curiousity, do any other old skoolers remember the colored Levis 501s, and if so, were they popular in your city/town ?

jffe

Offline ToneBone

• Hitchhiker
  • Lion in Zion
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
No colored Levis..but I did convince Mom one year to let me have a total Vision Street Wear wardrobe..I was stylin'..thank god there's no pictures of that ;D :beer:
Ride in the Wind

Offline SNJFlat

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
I haven't really talked much on this forum yet...

but damn am I happy JFos is still with it :beer:

Offline scott

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 04:05:19 PM »
All I can say about the 80's is you had to have been there in order to understand.   That Rad movie was almost the only inspiration we had in my small town, it was alot better than bmx bandits, but we still laughed at it, then went outside and surfed on our bikes yelling "send me an angel" still laughing.   but when Gleaming the Cube came out it was way better than either one of those except it was skateboarding.  why couldn't bikers do  something as cool as Gleaming the Cube???