Author Topic: Riding at night and F**cking Mc Circles  (Read 6835 times)

claire

Riding at night and F**cking Mc Circles
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »

I seriously don't know why but when I ride in a head lamped carpark at night I very rarely have a good session. I sometimes wonder if I am the only one but the night just doesn't do it for me.It's stupid because at the end of the day you've gotta go out and ride right?
But everytime I ride at night I come home miserable. The one trick that always f*cks up is that f*cking mc Circle man!!!! During the day back end stays level but I don't know why but now it always flips up, as soon as I pull down on the tyre it flips up. I lean forward and everything but nothin!!! I seriously want to know does any one else suffer from this trick I can't get the c*nt dialled! I know sometimes when u try something too many times u just can't get it right again but I don't know, seems like I'm too flukey with that one. Anyone else have real sh*t sessions during the night?

ciaran perry

Re: Riding at night and F**cking Mc Circles
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:29:08 PM »
haha ive had the same the dull carpark light does mess you up so stick to slow tricks as these wont go blurry and throw off your balance perception in the dark.

TJ Perry

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:36:07 PM »
I just give up on spinning tricks after it gets dark. those orange lights may as well make you blind because you just have to do rolling sh*t.

Offline Rob Shaw

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »
Ya I had the same problem with megaspins, could never get past 4 rotations for like 4 months in the summer because I pretty much only rode at night. Once I figured out however it was all good, I just wish someone would have told me so wouldn't have wasted all that time and tires lol.

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
meh.. sometimes I guess.  I used to ride at night a lot.  Just takes some getting used to and as usual having a full belly and staying plenty hydrated will help you keep focus.  Also riding in a place that is WELL LIT helps.

Try doing mccircles 10 times in a row.  Move on to playing with other stuff.  Then come back and try it another 10 times.  See how many out of each 10 tries you can get.

I have been doing these for years but still cannot ride out.
But I've just about got the karl cruiser dialed in so I'm hoping once I do I can just link into that and finally ride out.  Good Luck

timk4130

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
is it you are catching a glimpse of your shadow?????

ive had that happen , but other than that , i like riding @ night!!!

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »
haha i kno what ya mean the poor light makes such a differnce.......jus ttry to pick wich tricks u nail during the night, wait for a sunnyer day for others....dont worrie summer on the way!
slater

Offline Tóth Gábor (MadChemist)

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 10:17:39 PM »
Uff I don't like seeing my shadow when i ride... It disturbs me and don't know why?!?!?!?!  :huh:

Offline PeterJ

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 02:32:34 AM »
Dark is no good for flatland... you really need light/vision to coordinate yourself.
It's all about balance and balance is partilly done by sight.
I even have problems with a simple steamroller when it's dark... I stop riding when it gets dark.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 03:01:23 AM »
It got to a point that night time was, and for the most part still is, the only time I had available to ride, that I left my good, orange lamp lit lot for a much smoother, but not as flat, full of waves and  dips, lot.  I had to spin, it just felt right.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 03:07:31 AM »
You get used to riding in the dark after a little bit, not that bad. I like riding at night time, it so much calmer than during the day.

Offline Selected

• Hitchhiker
  • "I used to be an English major."
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 03:15:17 AM »
It's difficult/dangeous to learn something new in the dark, but I like to practice moves I already know. I don't like to roll around in the dark, so I focus on whips or spins. It's all about making the best out of a spot. Sometimes it's to dark, or there is a slope, or the space is small--whatever, so you have to do what is ideal for the spot.

The night is calm and you get to feel how to hold the bike.   
Welcome to the truth of flatland. (Wilkes-Barre, Pa - Represent)

Offline SNJFlat

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
I only ride at night because of my work schedule. I like it. Parking garages and the boardwalk are very well lit up. anywhere in the city is good actually.

but if you live in a suburban area and ur riding a bball court with 2 lamps....i know what you mean. its a bit hard on the eyes.

find a new spot i suppose :huh:

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 07:25:26 PM »
Why are you learning McCircles? They're not cool...

:P

I hate riding under orange lights, I couldn't even do a Kkruiser to a Halfpacker even when thats one of my most dialed links. Grr frustrating.

Offline ROOKe

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »
find an indoor supermarket loading zone...
theyre well lit and usually super flat.

should solve all your night riding problems.

And throw on a front brake for the mc circles, feathering em might help you out.