Author Topic: Global-flat: New Spot Section  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Global-flat: New Spot Section
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:01:48 PM »
We´re proud to unleash the latest feature today. Straight outta global-flat coding lab comes the Spot Database.

Well what can you do with this first version of the spot database ? First of all you should add your own spots. Then you may want to invite your friends who are riding there, too. They can put their names on the list of riders of the spot. Present your local scene!

If you are riding a spot like the Green Mile in London then you probably have tons of photos and YouTube videos of your spot. Why don´t you attach them to your spot ? Just 2 clicks and the rest of the world can see what´s going on in your town.

Oh, you can´t see your own spot anymore ? Wait a few days until the first spots were added. Then you may want to try the search to find other spots in your area. It may be cold or wet outside these days so you may want to search for roofed spots only ;-)

If you notice any problems please drop us an e-mail: info@global-flat.com

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
Re: Global-flat: New Spot Section
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
I completely forgot about this.
Glad to see it finally up.

I will take some pics of all my spots in the neighborhood throughout the week and throw em up on the weekend.  I really need to get some peeps in texas to move up here to Savannah with me.  I think once you see all the spots I have here you may be convinced. :)

I hope many people use this and many great spots are discovered!  :D

thanks global-flat!

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
 :beer:
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:22:28 PM »
HA HA I LIKE THE HINT, ill put some pic's up of TGM asap.

Offline Badman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 12:49:04 AM »
Australia has spots that will make you all want to come visit... not to mention all the sun... warm weather...

Offline Avram Moorey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:59:23 AM »
anyone in michigan near lexington or port huron that know of a indoor place to ride or want to ride some time if so type me back. i want to ride wit some new people. ^_^

Offline generic username

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »
Great stuff! One minor But tho: I'd like to see a way for writers other than the original author of a spot entry to be able to edit an entry, like it is able with wikipedia articles for instance. But like I said, only a minor issue that would be nice to have somewhere down the road.
OLD SCHOOL THINKING PEOPLE ARE KILLING it in MODERN FLATLAND
fixed.

Offline @venicebch

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »
good idea

Offline mizo

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »
  ;D this is  a  great idea!!! i wish i could find any roofed spots in ireland, coz over here it has been raining for 2 months lately!!! :angry:

Offline Curmudgeon

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 11:54:59 PM »
it might be helpful if a few other options were added. like under the police/ rent-a-cop question perhaps there could be a "sometimes" option or something like it. under the roofing question a "partly" option would be good also.

otherwise, nice coding!