Author Topic: What happend to those brake lever covers  (Read 8745 times)

Offline str8rollin

• Hitchhiker
What happend to those brake lever covers
« on: January 19, 2008, 04:38:06 AM »
u kno the $3 lil rubber lever grips, i really need one of those to ride in the cold, cuz i hate gloves.  they arent on flatlandfuels site anymore, flatlandfuel should change the name to flatland trend, cuz if the part is not trendy they prolly aint got it. danscomp usually helps me out there, so i gotta order from both

timk4130

Re: What happend to those brake lever covers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:59:56 AM »
go to k-mart , and pick up racket tape (sp? i know thats not right!!) for $.75!!!!

Offline str8rollin

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:01:54 AM »
wat kinda tape is that? a rubbery texture?

timk4130

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:03:27 AM »
yes sire!

Offline str8rollin

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 05:09:11 AM »
yea im gonna do that. today was the last day im gonna ride tho till wednsday, its gonna be so cold startin 2morrow, im not gonna be out in that sh*t.

Offline diagnosis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:42:56 AM »
some roller ball pens have a soft rubber grip that can be removed and used for lever covers.... no idea on brands or type, just pick one that looks like the grip is removable.

timk4130

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
some roller ball pens have a soft rubber grip that can be removed and used for lever covers.... no idea on brands or type, just pick one that looks like the grip is removable.

even though i dont ride brakes........  thats a awesome idea!!!!!!

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
yea im gonna do that. today was the last day im gonna ride tho till wednsday, its gonna be so cold startin 2morrow, im not gonna be out in that ****.

I know, it's gonna be like 55 outside! f*ck that!

You can also get an assload of rubber o rings, like Bizhouse grips, but much smaller.

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 09:52:19 AM »
yea im gonna do that. today was the last day im gonna ride tho till wednsday, its gonna be so cold startin 2morrow, im not gonna be out in that ****.

I know, it's gonna be like 55 outside! **** that!

You can also get an assload of rubber o rings, like Bizhouse grips, but much smaller.

55??? its 9 here in chgo.  wind chill of 15 below.  i'd ride all day and night if it were 55 here :P

Offline str8rollin

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 10:50:31 AM »
damn imma try the pen thing, i have some here at home. yea 55 is pretty good for winter time.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »
The Rubber grip pen is a good solution if you cant find a lever cover.
There are plenty of rubber grip pens around:

katobmx

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
danscomp has them

Offline str8rollin

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »
yea i kno, thats wat i was sayin in the original post, danscomp has all the stuff that flatland fuel is missing.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 11:54:32 PM »
u kno the $3 lil rubber lever grips, i really need one of those to ride in the cold, cuz i hate gloves.  they arent on flatlandfuels site anymore, flatlandfuel should change the name to flatland trend, cuz if the part is not trendy they prolly aint got it. danscomp usually helps me out there, so i gotta order from both

dude, that hurts :)

Seriously, I think we have a few things at flatlandfuel that Dans does not have. As for brake lever covers, thats one of those things that there is almost zero demand for it. You are the first person I have saw ever ask about them. But we will get a few to see if people really want them.

Want to make your own brake lever covers that are superior to anything you can buy? Go to any hardware or home improvement store and buy a can of plastidip. It will cost $5-$6 and include enough material to make dozens of brake lever covers. It is a flexible rubber like what you find on the handles of tools. Dip your brake lever in it. Let it dry and you have an instant brake lever cover.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline HeadHoncho

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 02:06:24 AM »
I've used that plastidip stuff on tools and it is awesome. You can pick up a pint can at walmart, I forget how much but it was less than $15.