Author Topic: Kevin Jones was inspired by these riders  (Read 9312 times)

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Kevin Jones was inspired by these riders
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »
All I can say about the 80's is you had to have been there in order to understand.   That Rad movie was almost the only inspiration we had in my small town, it was alot better than bmx bandits, but we still laughed at it, then went outside and surfed on our bikes yelling "send me an angel" still laughing.   but when Gleaming the Cube came out it was way better than either one of those except it was skateboarding.  why couldn't bikers do  something as cool as Gleaming the Cube??? 

Gleaming the Cube?? Seriously? It only had like 2 or 3 scenes of actual skating in it! haha...

Now Thrashin'.... that's a different story. Way more skate footage, but also the kind of movie that makes you physically ill trying to sit through it. I know; I recently thought it'd be fun to watch it on Comcast, only to find myself having to turn it off 1/4 of the way through because it was so unbearable...

I think someone needs to do a remake of Rad in a modern setting as a straight up comedy (not an unintentional one like the original), only with real riding in it... they're always trying to make alternative sports movies serious and dramatic, but it always results in the exact opposite effect. They need to just go full on for laughs...