Author Topic: Flatland Voodoo Jam  (Read 36144 times)

Max S

Re: Flatland Voodoo Jam
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
I see that Alex Jumelin's name is no longer on the registration list. (?)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
See ya at the Pre Jam. We will be rolling out at 7am and headed to the SPOT!

Drive Safe and we will see ya there!

joshd

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2008, 01:21:31 AM »
i am "best newb".  pretty stoked :)

jd.

Offline Lokalazeros

• Backpacker
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2008, 02:03:24 AM »
ah, that's great  ;D
Quote from: Tj Perry
LISTEN TO THE SOUND MY TIRES MAKE ON THE PARKING LOT JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A RUBBER HOLOCAUST
Naw.  Flatland isn't difficult.  Getting a blowjob is harder.
Party All Night, Work All Day, Have Fun Everyday !

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2008, 04:42:13 AM »
Uchie wins,matt w second,dominck 3rd

el topo

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2008, 01:40:46 AM »
I've never been so impressed with a contest, or with comp riding as I was this weekend. At the venue while I was peeing in the trough there was a 'gentleman' in there, apparently local who found himself absolutely blown away by what was going down on the floor. He was talking in a loud excited voice on his cell phone trying to get a friend/family out there IMMEDIATELY. I remember hearing the words "THIS IS INCREDIBLE! THESE GUYS ARE DOING LIKE GYMNASTICS ON BIKES! IT'S F*&%#$ AWESOME!! YOU'VE GOT TO COME OUT HERE RIGHT AWAY AND SEE THIS!"

As much as I try to not hear what people talk about in rest rooms, this exchange was pretty cool. It was real neat seeing a 'first timer' totally freaking out and getting amped on flatland. I'd really like to thank everyone involved with Flatland Voodoo Jam for a job well done.  It meant a lot to me to simply be there.  Contests like this can accomplish things.    

jm

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:33 AM »
I've never been so impressed with a contest, or with comp riding as I was this weekend. At the venue while I was peeing in the trough there was a 'gentleman' in there, apparently local who found himself absolutely blown away by what was going down on the floor. He was talking in a loud excited voice on his cell phone trying to get a friend/family out there IMMEDIATELY. I remember hearing the words "THIS IS INCREDIBLE! THESE GUYS ARE DOING LIKE GYMNASTICS ON BIKES! IT'S F*&%#$ AWESOME!! YOU'VE GOT TO COME OUT HERE RIGHT AWAY AND SEE THIS!"

As much as I try to not hear what people talk about in rest rooms, this exchange was pretty cool. It was real neat seeing a 'first timer' totally freaking out and getting amped on flatland. I'd really like to thank everyone involved with Flatland Voodoo Jam for a job well done.  It meant a lot to me to simply be there.  Contests like this can accomplish things.    

jm

Perfect just perfect. Thanks for posting this.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

joelweevil

« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2008, 04:51:45 AM »
to scott,  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
thanx so much.                               joel

Offline an53

• Forkglider
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2008, 01:35:10 PM »
Great job Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This event was awesome!!!!!! :beer:

Prasheel

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2008, 05:57:06 AM »
Hey Scott, I noticed a saying on York Uno's shirt, and I was wondering if you might have insight on what it was refering to.  In my mind, it totally fits in with Voodoo jam.  The saying was;

Never has so little, meant so much, to so few.

I'm not implying the job you did to get Voodoo up and running is small, but in the grand scheme of things, the act of simply riding our bikes and doing tricks is pretty small.  Despite that, I don't think there was a single person that was there that wasn't blown away and impacted by the job you did in displaying it.

Thanks again to all those involved.  This was my first Voodoo experience, and it by far exceeded any expectations I could have had by watching previous year's footage (even though I've always gotten goosebumps from the little bits of the atmosphere that carried through on video).  It's a damn shame that every other North American contest is going to fail in comparison after experiencing Voodoo.

Offline theking

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:46 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to Scott and Terry for the awesome contest!! This year was my 1st time to Voodoo and I was stunned not only by the contest in general, but the riding was just ridiculous. My motivation is at the top right now, going from riding with someone maybe 2 or 3 times a year to Voodoo was just intense. Also, New Orleans is for sure one of the coolest cities I've ever seen. My body is still detoxing from all the seafood and alcohol. haha. Thanks again guys!!!
Chris

Offline I AM Blindingsun!! lolz

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2008, 12:58:40 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSCIUZ5xJ38[/youtube]

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2008, 02:31:03 AM »
Hey Scott, I noticed a saying on York Uno's shirt, and I was wondering if you might have insight on what it was refering to.  In my mind, it totally fits in with Voodoo jam.  The saying was;

Never has so little, meant so much, to so few.

I'm not implying the job you did to get Voodoo up and running is small, but in the grand scheme of things, the act of simply riding our bikes and doing tricks is pretty small.  Despite that, I don't think there was a single person that was there that wasn't blown away and impacted by the job you did in displaying it.

Thanks again to all those involved.  This was my first Voodoo experience, and it by far exceeded any expectations I could have had by watching previous year's footage (even though I've always gotten goosebumps from the little bits of the atmosphere that carried through on video).  It's a damn shame that every other North American contest is going to fail in comparison after experiencing Voodoo.
wow thanks very much. The riding and people like you that make the trip here is why the event is so special.
Glad you where inspired!
thnx
s
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »
Scott, great contest!!!! Completely stoked. It was my friend Johns first contest and he seems highly motivated right now. Thanks for having the contest.
You look like Marty McFly!