Author Topic: COOL: FreedomBMX Flatland cover  (Read 5098 times)

Offline flatlander_20zoll

COOL: FreedomBMX Flatland cover
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »
http://freedombmx.de/V6/de/archiv/1382

This is the best cover since months -_-
Maybe its their answer to the "Flat is dead" discussion!?

Anyways, cool flatland coverage this time:
Seppl interview (he really deserved it) and bidc article - very nice pics.
Also the text on the last side about the situation of flatland in todays bmx-freestyle is great.

They should keep going this way!

TJ Perry

Re: COOL: FreedomBMX Flatland cover
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »
SICK.

Props sepp, that's a great picture and a sick looking bike to boot!

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
that is a very nice shot. i didn't like his paintjob till this very moment ^_^
flatland lives!
flatland lives!

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »
Cool indeed, nice job Sebastian!  :beer:
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

timk4130

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
i think we are all thankfull when there are  people that run  the bmx  media that still allow flat in thier  media formats(mags)  i know bmx plus is the same way here, but  i have not  seen a cover  of flat in  a long time............
besides the  terry adams ride usa  issue............... witch was really  not even  going to happen in the 1st place.......... but did @ the last moment............ but thats another subject.. good job sepp!

take care-

tim

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »
sick..is he riding the felt frame??
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

Offline generic username

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
yep
OLD SCHOOL THINKING PEOPLE ARE KILLING it in MODERN FLATLAND
fixed.

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »
How refreshing, A Bicycle motocross magazine with a bmx rider doing a freestyle manoeuvre on the cover, whatever next..

Flat-ism

Offline Storm Shadow

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 12:05:22 AM »
besides the  terry adams ride usa  issue............... witch was really  not even  going to happen in the 1st place.......... but did @ the last moment............ but thats another subject..

What's the story behind that? I never heard it. I have that cover framed on my wall.

Offline flatlander_20zoll

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »
How refreshing, A Bicycle motocross magazine with a bmx rider doing a freestyle manoeuvre on the cover, whatever next..

How ignorant...  ;D
As if we were still in the days when people talked of BMX freestyle.
Nowdays there is Street/Park (Dirt, Vert seems to be "dead") on the one side and flatland on the other side. For flatland its a hard struggle not to be put in a backwater.

I mean this is the first flatland cover on freedombmx since 16 issues !!!! Thats almost three years. I dont know where you from, but in Germany there are only two BMX mags and freedom is the biggest. There is no "flatlandonly" mag, so the coverage of flatland in this mags is also a indicator of the status of flatland in the BMX scene.
The flatlandcoverage in this magazine seemed to decrease constantly. So this cover is a statement. There were already discussions going on that "Flat is dead".

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 02:21:19 AM »

How ignorant...  ;D
Nowdays there is Street/Park (Dirt, Vert seems to be "dead") on the one side and flatland on the other side. For flatland its a hard struggle not to be put in a backwater.

I mean this is the first flatland cover on freedombmx since 16 issues !!!! Thats almost three years. I dont know where you from, but in Germany there are only two BMX mags and freedom is the biggest. There is no "flatlandonly" mag, so the coverage of flatland in this mags is also a indicator of the status of flatland in the BMX scene.
The flatlandcoverage in this magazine seemed to decrease constantly. So this cover is a statement. There were already discussions going on that "Flat is dead".

mmm? i think he was being sarcastic .  :rolleyes:

h_man

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 03:25:31 AM »

How ignorant...  ;D

Great to see flatland exposure nice job Freedom ,yo "flatlander_20zoll" get a "humour transplant" remember they are free & easy to use everybody should have one because taking things literally is unhealthy for the mind then you'll end up with severe brain malfunction , crazy fool  ^_^.:wub:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 03:30:11 AM by h_man »