Author Topic: Love Flatland Hate Flatland  (Read 15361 times)

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
Re: Love Flatland Hate Flatland
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 12:01:16 AM »
where are all the flatland tees?! there just aren't any out there, but it's a big market. It's all brand tees (khe, quamen etc), but no tees for flatland itself.
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

TJ Perry

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »
where are all the flatland tees?! there just aren't any out there, but it's a big market. It's all brand tees (khe, quamen etc), but no tees for flatland itself.

because for the most part, wearing t shirts with the same f*cking silhouette in ten different hanes beefy T colors is the most bland and boring thing a rider could wear.

The last thing flatland needs is more of those shirts.

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 12:12:40 AM »
they don't look so bad, thought this one was alright too:

griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 12:13:16 AM »
No offense to anyone, but the t-shirt kinda sucks. It probably took 2 seconds to make in paint.

What flat shirts need is more art. Only decent flatland shirts I've seen are the stereopanda's.

Also, who is the message going to? Most people who see it are just gonna look at you funny.

I'm not trying to start anything but a little more work could've been done.

Offline BrighamR

• Team
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 12:53:55 AM »
I see what you're saying, but this clearly isn't a design/art t-shirt. It's about a simple statement, and the design matches it perfectly. Good design doesn't necessarily take a long time. Also, I think  the statement will be a great conversation starter, and I love wearing clothes that people don't quite get!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:55:56 AM by scaliwag »

Offline Terold

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
yeah this t is whatevs. one t that was hella dope was the one that says " FLAT IS DEAD " i saw matti rose wearing it in a pic on agoride. print that one up.

RAD!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:06:01 AM by Terold »

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 01:45:13 AM »
What flat shirts need is more art. Only decent flatland shirts I've seen are the stereopanda's.
Also, who is the message going to? Most people who see it are just gonna look at you funny.

Art? It's a ****ing t-shirt!

Don't worry, though. You'll get absolutely no funny looks riding a kids bike by yourself in an abandoned parking lot, wearing a t-shirt with this on it:

BTW, I love Stereo Panda designs, but people will absolutely give you some strange looks wearing it. It doesn't bother me, because I get those looks no matter what I'm wearing.

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 01:54:17 AM »
To be honest how long the design took Martin to design doesn't matter,  if the t shirt conveys a message, which it does, then its done its job, to me thats what design is, its a bold statement kinda shirt, its not fitting to have  a stereo panda kinda design going on, thats not global flats thing, thats stereo pandas image, in many ways already the t-shirt has been a success, its starting discussion, im sure at times every die hard flatlander has loved and hated flatland, no need for complexed t shirt.

chill out people

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 03:11:43 AM »
That's fine, what you guys want on a t-shirt is up to you, and I'm sure some people will like it. and some won't, like everything else.

Like I said earlier I'm not trying to start anything, it's a good thing you guys are doing this.

Just saying, I'd personally like to see more stuff that people put more time into, I appreciate that kind of stuff more.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:13:23 AM by Nikita »

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 03:25:47 AM »
I love the statement and the T shirt.

Martin has been talking to me about flatlandfuel selling some of these for global-flat. How many of you would like to purchase such a T shirt?
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline E. Marx

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 03:57:56 AM »
i do

i need new tires anyway so i was planning on buying them sometime soon, il pick this shirt up too :)
Sanity is only the commonly accepted level of insanity.

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 03:59:53 AM »
people will absolutely give you some strange looks wearing it. It doesn't bother me, because I get those looks no matter what I'm wearing.

you should post some pics up of yourself so we know what kind of looks you get.. ;D

Martin has been talking to me about flatlandfuel selling some of these for global-flat. How many of you would like to purchase such a T shirt?

I'm on the fence, it depends on the price. Also, what colors? I've got too many black tees just like this.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 04:01:39 AM »
Now that its Martin's take ,makes pure sense.  Totally can relate to Love/Hate.lol
Would not mind purchasing the Black'n'white for other folks. Should have stuff like this at the jams/comps.

Actually wanted one in orange, (size medium/small), that was no joke, or even a cool army green, and maybe some BMX or globe thing incorporated in the design for when and if you decide to develop it further. Cool Internal statement, but for some people it is limiting.
No hate from our side Rider. :mellow:

RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline BrighamR

• Team
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 05:34:51 AM »
I'd love to see more artistic stuff too. Even Stereo Panda, which has a really cool image, isn't really that artistic, they kinda just yoinked 70s and 80s logos and use bright colors. I like the image. But you can do some incredible stuff with tees artistically. maybe more of us should make some designs and show 'em around. check out threadless.com for some really cool tees from people all over the world.

timk4130

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »
yeah this t is whatevs. one t that was hella dope was the one that says " FLAT IS DEAD " i saw matti rose wearing it in a pic on agoride. print that one up.

RAD!

you didint get yours???????

everyone got em!!!!

ohh wait,  i must have mistaken you for someone important!!!!
lol

sorry , they are all gone!!!