Author Topic: So who has the most haggard, beat to sh!t bike?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
So who has the most haggard, beat to sh!t bike?
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:19:36 AM »
There are enough pictures of pretty, scratch-free bikes that cost over three grand and weigh five grams less than the next guys, but what about the well-ridden rides? There was a time when it was cool to have grips that where torn up and falling from the bars, a seat with the cushioning held in by duct tape, and no matching colors.

So who has the ugliest bike? Who's been on the same frame the longest?

Offline Axlepeg

• Funky Chicken
Re: So who has the most haggard, beat to sh!t bike?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:51:37 AM »
Bike maintenance sucks.   Next rainy day I swear I'll get to detailing and she'll clean up just swell.  Get some Q-tips in between them spokes and whatnot...

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 05:35:25 PM »
lmao Jowie @ that Mess-o-sh*t comment  :beer:

I rode a div frame for 5 years, with pretty much the same parts as I have now I guess.

It was never really beat up tho. I'm never hard on parts, but then again i'm a skinny man that weights nothing muhaha
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

TJ Perry

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »
Simon O briens yellow ares. Jesus he rode that thing forever and cracked it multiple times from what I know.

timk4130

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
Bike maintenance sucks.   Next rainy day I swear I'll get to detailing and she'll clean up just swell.  Get some Q-tips in between them spokes and whatnot...

I HATE WORKING ON MY BIKE!!!!

anyone want to buy a frame?
or a flatland specific  seat post............. ohh wait, its not a  piviotal design...... you guys prob wouldn't want it then right?

Simon O briens yellow ares. Jesus he rode that thing forever and cracked it multiple times from what I know.

TJ......
I VE ACCUALLY SEEN  A ARES FRAME WORSE!!!
ILL HAVE TO FIND A PICTURE SOMEWHERE!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:28:32 PM by timk4130 »

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »
If there was only a pic of my G5 as it was setup in Tokyo.... my seat looked like someone took a bite out of the rear padding, my stem had one stripped bolt hole (only 3 bolts holding on for dear life), and it squeaked and made strange noises whenever it rolled. Plus, due to some stuff getting loose in my bike bag during a flight, the top tube looked like a grinded up street rider's rail.
But man, I sure love that bike... lol
I seriously don't understand the pristine bikes on this forum... my bike has footprints all over it after a session, the stickers and paint on the fork legs get worn down to bare metal, and my wheels only stay true for about 2 sessions before I need to tighten them up. There's either no riding going down on those bikes, or there's a whole lot of obsessive compulsive behavior flat riders out there (like that guy Monk from t.v.)...
And, as far as I can tell, Nathan Penonzek's Ares might be way, way worse for wear then Simon's... Geez, how many X-Games has Nathan's frame been through?? lol

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:14 PM »
 This is my old basic STH..I wish I had a pic of the complete covered in sticker and spraypainted a million colors...You can see some dents,and some smashed up bondo that once filled in a couple other dents..It is dented from the "anger management problem I had as a teenager..The seatpost was nice when I rode this bike it was crushed uncussesfully trying to remove it,it was seized  and then rusted up sitting in my basement over the years...The 1 brakemount is cut off cuz it got rusted,broke a bolt off and I cut the mount off for fun

I take care of my bikes..Just not when I was a teenager lol

Offline williamflat

• Backpacker
  • Williamflat
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 12:20:30 AM »

ME IN 1999

I'M OK NOW
Face your fears and live your dreams

www.facebook.com/williflat

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
my neighbor
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:34:44 AM »

ME IN 1999

I'M OK NOW

G'damn... looks like the bike rode you!  ;D

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 02:22:02 AM »
This is my old basic STH..I wish I had a pic of the complete covered in sticker and spraypainted a million colors...You can see some dents,and some smashed up bondo that once filled in a couple other dents..It is dented from the "anger management problem I had as a teenager..The seatpost was nice when I rode this bike it was crushed uncussesfully trying to remove it,it was seized  and then rusted up sitting in my basement over the years...The 1 brakemount is cut off cuz it got rusted,broke a bolt off and I cut the mount off for fun

I take care of my bikes..Just not when I was a teenager lol

oh sh*t, a small town hick! i always jocked that frame
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:01 AM »
 Here is my "good" one...Gotta throw some paint on it so that rust stops ...I looooove basic STH's very nice frames...

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 03:20:09 AM »
 "trimmed" the dropouts too..Wish I hadnt done that..I was stupid  :angry:

Offline bloody0sabbath

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 06:39:29 AM »
i got a real nice bike i ll get some picture of it soon
I'd Yield to the devil instantly, Did it not happen that myself am he!