Author Topic: NJ Flatland Clubhouse...  (Read 6322 times)

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
NJ Flatland Clubhouse...
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:08:01 PM »
I tried, unsucessfully, to convince my friend to let us use her warehouse for practicing flat...

What if we could get a bunch of riders to pay for a warehouse space (or any indoor spot big enough to practice in) strickly to practice in? 

How much interest would there be in a venture like this?  Motorcycle clubs do this all the time..

We could decide on a location central to all members...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 03:18:16 PM by martin »
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline TheDirector

Re: NJ Flatland Clubhouse...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 05:33:12 AM »
Hey Im in Nutley NJ and am interested in your idea. Count me in.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »

Word!!  I was beginning to thing I was the only rider in Essex County..

..this puts us at 3 peeps interested..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 06:30:59 PM by Ken NJ »
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline flatlandoob

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
i am just starting bmx. i live in ocean county nj. count me in on the club. i ll help as much as possible i want to get into flatland.  :ph34r:

Budz

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »

Word!!  I was beginning to thing I was the only rider in Essex County..

..this puts us at 3 peeps interested..
nah bro...that dude i was tellin about, Donald, lives near u. then theres Kool-Aide, and also John i think lives in Nutley or close to there.(thats not u is it, John?)
and this flatlandoob just started ridin and lives a few mins from me...so itd be kool to have someone to ride with. maybe it will motivate me to actually ride MORE.
btw dude, whats your name(flatoob)?
how are u? how long u been ridin?

Offline flatlandoob

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
i live in beachwood, 18, my name is Bennett. i just started bmx like 3 days ago lol. ive been going to the incline club.  i really would like to find somone to ride with that i can count on and vice versa to show me stuff. and of course i ll help anyway possible (if possible)

Budz

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:59:26 PM »
i dont really ride park or street anymore. i dare not, really. i couldnt stand to blow my back again and have to off the ride for another few years or whatever. but if u ever wanna ride some flat-def hit me up dude. im down 4 that.
theres some decent spots out on route 70. the Lowes parking lot is really nice. or if u can get up to Skyview park in TR, thats also a good spot. as far as i know, its mostly alot of old "weathered" lots in Beachwood, unless u know some smooth spots i dont know about.
Bob over at Staff gave me a number of some other dude in Jackson that supossedly rides flat too, but i cant find the number..again.haha. Bobs gonna slap me one day cuz thats the second time i lost the number.
anywho, hit me up sometime to ride.
-B

Offline flatlandoob

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »
yea, i actually work at petco right next to lowes, the back of petco/ target/ lowes is amazingly smooth.  the reason i got into bmx was because of flatland.  thats what i really want to focus in.  im actually working today, and im gonna bring my bike and just ride around the back lol. of course nothing crazying its my 3rd day riding. 

Offline flatlandoob

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
definately man. nice meeting you btw. where in toms river do you live by. i graduated from south a year ago anywhere near there?

Budz

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
definately man. nice meeting you btw. where in toms river do you live by. i graduated from south a year ago anywhere near there?
i used to live close to TRHSS, but now im up closer to Lakewood. near Cox-Cro rd(if ur goin up route 9 or Whitesville rd)
let me know what days u work and ill swing by one of these days to ride when u get out.
i actually meant the Lowes on Route 70, but the place your at has some sweet spots thoughout the lot. never been in the back tho.
hit me up.

Budz

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:10 PM »
i just thought about it...why dont we ride in Asbury Park. the building at the south end of the boardwalk is super smooth and covered. its not heated, but its covered and somehwta sheltered from the wind.
might need to sweep some loose dust of the floor, but its worth a mention.
they recently had the Bullbull Down and Dirty Comp in there. best comp ive been to in a long time!
anyway, its smooth as...um...sumthin really smooth. ;)

Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:10:15 PM by Budz »

Offline flatlandoob

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 04:30:12 AM »
sweet =D. i really would like to start riding with somone that i can learn from. and hang out with.  just to let you know i know nothing about flatland. i started a couple days ago. but its what i want to get into. and hey i can get us some sweet team shirts haha.