Author Topic: Foot Insoles  (Read 5136 times)

Fifa

Foot Insoles
« on: December 12, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »
Ive been getting pain on the bottom Foot thats on the peg

how many of you wear custom foot insoles?
And does it helps?

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
Re: Foot Insoles
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:25:32 PM »
good idea.  I get those pains too every now and then.

stiffer soles would probably help too.

TJ Perry

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
Every pair of riding shoes I've ever had I've bought a pair of dr scholls athletic insoles to go along with them to put on top of the stock insoles. I like my soles to have a bit of flex, but too much can kill my feet. Works out really really well and definitely adds to the lifespan of the shoe.

Offline ryry4130

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »
Ive been getting pain on the bottom Foot thats on the peg

how many of you wear custom foot insoles?
And does it helps?

I used to wear orthodics and I don't believe in them.Unless you got flat feet,don't get them. Stiff soles will help alot.

Offline bloody0sabbath

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:18:57 PM »
orthodics 
i also have flat feet.

wear lotek shoes they are really stiff.
I'd Yield to the devil instantly, Did it not happen that myself am he!

Duncan

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »
I have flat feet and I don't use any. Just personal preference, general rule being if your feet hurt, try some.

h_man

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:20 PM »
I got flat feet and insoles help a lot with riding and in general as the insoles are custom made to fit your feet as i dont have an arch on the insides of my feet.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:42:45 PM by h_man »

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 08:51:41 AM »
the stock soles of nearly all shoes are crap. I upgrade all of mine and it helps a lot. Here is what I uses: http://www.sofsole.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=1&g=m&n=1&DetailID=3

Also, if your feet are hurting it may be your pegs. If you have bigger feet and are you using skinny pegs, nothing is going to keep your feet from hurting.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »
Here is a good example along with so many posts on this topic related to feet/riding over the years in every BMX forum about: The need for better shoe development for BMXERS!!!
If only someone in the industry, with all the knowledge and in insight by everyone would do something about it, and get the support from the community to step up on this issue

Like the pharmaceutical industry they keep wanting everyone to keep buying shoes and insoles.
Your Feet Fooked for Life...OH MAN...

RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

h_man

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
the stock soles of nearly all shoes are crap. I upgrade all of mine and it helps a lot. Here is what I uses: http://www.sofsole.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=1&g=m&n=1&DetailID=3

Also, if your feet are hurting it may be your pegs. If you have bigger feet and are you using skinny pegs, nothing is going to keep your feet from hurting.

If your feet are hurting it could be that your flat footed unfortunately it's something alot of us are born with having said that Etnies Roscoes & lotek Deltas are fine riding shoes. ;D

Offline Mbrigade

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 12:19:58 PM »
hi,ive got flat feet as well, i use "orthaheel"sports inserts, an arch support really helps,,, try walking for miles without one, it hurts like hell!

good for your knees and ankles in the long run,,  shoes with great ankle padding support+inserts is best

h_man

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 12:25:45 PM »
hi,ive got flat feet as well, i use "orthaheel"sports inserts, an arch support really helps,,, try walking for miles without one, it hurts like hell!

good for your knees and ankles in the long run,,  shoes with great ankle padding support+inserts is best

Same here mine were custom made & it really helps with your balance & puts less pressure on the knee's makes a lot of difference. ;D

TJ Perry

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 07:13:03 PM »
Here is a good example along with so many posts on this topic related to feet/riding over the years in every BMX forum about: The need for better shoe development for BMXERS!!!
If only someone in the industry, with all the knowledge and in insight by everyone would do something about it, and get the support from the community to step up on this issue

Like the pharmaceutical industry they keep wanting everyone to keep buying shoes and insoles.
Your Feet Fooked for Life...OH MAN...

We don't need any BMX specific shoes. Adidas and numerous skate companies make plenty of decent shoes that work. I swear by adidas comptowns as the best shoes I've ever ridden, and they're a basketball shoe by design. I just think a lot of times people don't buy what they need, but rather what they want. The trend is skinny pegs and I don't care how big your feet are, they f*cking hurt your feet.

h_man

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »
Totally agree but as far as flat footed people go insoles are a help with riding & in general as the shape of the foot affects our posture & puts pressure on the knee which can cause all sorts of problems so an insole changes that totally but yeah Adidas make some fine shoes suitable for riding.

Offline Julian Musto

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
Haha I wear orthodics only when riding for that reason only, and it helps a f*ckload.. I honestly cant even ride the same without the orthodics, it throws my balance off completely and it takes like 15 minutes to even be able to do a hiker or something.. I love em, and the reason i have them is ALSO flat feet