Author Topic: just an idea  (Read 2878 times)

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
just an idea
« on: January 05, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
right, ive been thinking......u kno how midd bb is just the bb out of a U.S but nocked outs the shell? yeah

well would the same prisaple work with euro bb? as in whould it be possible for a company to make smaller than euro bb by taking the bb out is screw in shell>????

would save weight and be nice and tidy

whacha think? or has it been done?
slater

Budz

Re: just an idea
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:35:19 PM »
i dunno...sounds like it would work tho.
spanish bearings are slightly bigger than euro and smaller than a mid and spanish bearings fit into the frame like mids...so i would assume its possible for a euro to fit that way too.

i just dont like euro BBs cuz of the strength lost as opposed to an american, spanish or mid which are much stronger. just my thoughts on euros.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:37:31 PM by Budz »

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »
hha yea euros are pritty crap threaded the ones on my street bike!
slater

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:22 PM »
 I want you to know I thought 'bout this all day. Let's go in the completely diffent direction. How bout this a B.B. a couple mm bigger than the spindle with a press in engine main, cam style bearing, the spindle would be micro polish as so the press bearing. Now the B.B. can be pierce thought the down tube for strength add in a grease(zerk) fitting for low maintenance or create a wet sump sealed version with o rings on each end of the B.B. for oil control using the seat tube to add the few drops of oil. just a thought, gypsy 

timk4130

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:28:06 PM »
I want you to know I thought 'bout this all day. Let's go in the completely diffent direction. How bout this a B.B. a couple mm bigger than the spindle with a press in engine main, cam style bearing, the spindle would be micro polish as so the press bearing. Now the B.B. can be pierce thought the down tube for strength add in a grease(zerk) fitting for low maintenance or create a wet sump sealed version with o rings on each end of the B.B. for oil control using the seat tube to add the few drops of oil. just a thought, gypsy 

i totally understand this, but the kids that havent got a clue what you are tlkaing about  wont.
lol

any way to x-plain this in  normal terms for the kids @ home russ?

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »
 Ok, let me try again. The bearing I spoke about is really just a metal sleeve, car engine use this type of bearing. The metal sleeve(bearing) would set inside the bottom bracket this would be a tight fit or press in. The micro polish that I spoke about, is nothing more then a mirror or chrome like finish.  This would be done by a machine hints the term machine polish. The wet sump idea would compare to a coffee can with a hole in the bottom of it . So your bottom bracket, right under the seat tube would have a pin hole in it  and with the spindle fitting so close to the bearing(metal sleeve) it would only weep(cry,drip) the few drops of oil when needed.  well my 10 thumbs are tried I hope this helps explains the idea a little better. gypsy 

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »
See, now that is a fresh idea that would be a step ahead for bmx.  I like your thinking.  By the way, those bearings are made from babbitt.

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 01:23:46 AM »
See, now that is a fresh idea that would be a step ahead for bmx.  I like your thinking.  By the way, those bearings are made from babbitt.
much Thanks....