Author Topic: Chimera 'Beloved' Handlebar !  (Read 14312 times)

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
Re: Chimera 'Beloved' Handlebar !
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 03:37:39 PM »
Chimera products are tested in few month so realx  -_- I wan't give you products which is not extremally tested. In my opining best thing is to give parto not to PRO riders. Pro riders know there trix and they fall not soo much. Rider who is not PRO is knocking his bike on the ground almoust 50% more that PRO lerning new stuff. If you are very good you make good trix without falling. Testing products not by Pro riders is much harder and products are more on the ground in my opinion  :mellow: and Chimera parts are not amatuer build. My frames/handlbars build process is in 90% the same as in every world's company  -_- Chimera parts are tested very carreful for example, Beloved frame is tested in about half a year and not available on the market (frame is in 100% good condition) :-) Street frames are for now only on Poland market. Beloved handlebar is with the same concept as Beloved frame. If frame is hanging very well with 22mm tubes on front there is no way to destroy bars  -_- Beloved price can change for smaller price in next year when it will be relased :-) Thx for interesting Chimera stuff !

all best from Poland
 :beer: :beer: :beer:

Prasheel

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
I disagree with the comment about the abuse put on parts by ams compared to pros.  Just because you've been riding longer and are capable of more, it does not mean that you can achieve further progression with less effort/bike abuse.

If anything, to push yourself (and especially flatland as a whole), it's going to put even more rigorous abuse on the bike.

Offline KarolMalbork

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 09:44:45 PM »
Nice bar Zin  :beer:. I had Chimera 8pc handlebar and it was great.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:51:56 PM by KarolMalbork »

LOU4130

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »
Even though im not afull zero offset guy myself, i REALLY like this design. Plus the option of adding sweep or offset makes it even better. Like something like the first one you have pictured but as if the bars were pushed just a few mm forward would be awesome. Im almost tempted to try them..but i love my bars/stem and dont wanna start messing with stuff.

Budz

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »
im not a big zero offset fan myself, but i agree that these bars look really good and i too am tempted to give em a try. i will wait tho til the welder gets a bit more experience tho...the welds where the bars meet the stem piece are definately done way too hott...this will surely affect the overall strength of the part.
just like a chain- handlebars are only as strong as the weakest link...in this case-WELD.
sort it out-and u might have another customer over here. ;)
all in all- very nice design tho.
props! :beer:

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
I'm working on it  ^_^ But before when I will weld my parts there will be never 100% high quality welds. But this is gona change in 2008 :-) Thx for all comments !!  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »
I've always been a bit sceptic about this combo's because hitchhikers always cross my mind in a way that we bash alot when we miss the balance point in such a way that we fall forwards. If there is no stem to take the beating when the bars get pushed by our own weight against the ground and they get out of placed even with a tight stem, then what will be the sacrificed part? Either the fork tube or the bar itself will get badly treated and in time one of them will obviously have to give up on us..