Author Topic: Chimera 'Beloved' Handlebar !  (Read 14315 times)

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Chimera 'Beloved' Handlebar !
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 07:23:33 AM »
I like the color of these. I think it cured my diarhea.

Seriously though, pretty cool sh*t.

Offline lJohnnyTheFoxl

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
Awesome!  I love zero offset, where can I get one??  If I could get it in white w/ a hole drilled through the crossbar to fit a front brake cable I'd just die.

There's a trick to installing a compression bolt on bar/stem combos where you can't reach the bolt easily (though I imagine it would help even with regular stems).  Tighten the bolt down BEFORE you tighten your stem.  That way, you can grab the bolt with a wrench, and then just spin the wrench and bars around together a few times until it's tight enough.  Much easier than turning the bolt 1/6 turn, pulling out, re-grabbing with wrench, turn 1/6 turn, and so on.

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 10:32:32 AM »
Handle will be available begining of 2008  :mellow: If Beloved frame still hanging very well after 6 months testing there is no way to crash bar  ^_^

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/download.cgi?mem_id=98231&fil_unique=plzYp9TM228AAD4jNrQAAAEB

Frame runs perfect !

Second version of handle will be available to  :mellow:

:beer:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:39:21 AM by Zin »

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »
I like your work Zin :mellow: even though I prefer a stem, but you have some good ideas and also have the guts to make this stuff, when globalflat is loaded with critics and so forth. May I just suggest to turn the amps down on your welder so as not to burn into the 3 mm stem sleeve part of your bar combo. I have no doubt its strong enough for flat, but the melted section is not a good look. Sorry for sounding like another critic, but I'm actually trying to help. :beer:

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
Better welds is the last thing which will make my work perfect, my welder is still learning about welding stuff like that. But you know - If you wanna make something good,make it yourself  -_- But I Know and Chimera is still learning  ^_^ And it don't sounding like critic ,no problem- everything from people for people   ^_^
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:25:26 PM by Zin »

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 08:37:13 PM »
Dude! you are amazing, exactly what i am looking for!
but 80 euro! :beginner: :angry:
that's to exensive for me!
and you have one without the stem combo?

damn i love it!

wouter

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 11:18:35 PM »
Remember that this is custom handlebar which will be build up for you with any spec you wanna  -_- Not massive production haha  ^_^

Only this photo

jim shorts

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 05:03:01 PM »
i'm interested in the first version there. with the tapered tubes. how do i get one in the US? please PM me...

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »
Better welds is the last thing which will make my work perfect, my welder is still learning about welding stuff like that. But you know - If you wanna make something good,make it yourself  -_- But I Know and Chimera is still learning  ^_^ And it don't sounding like critic ,no problem- everything from people for people     I was gonna say,,,,,.,,,, did your lil' brother weld them up? .......omg!!!! hope he doesnt weld the frames too!!!!     

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 03:46:58 AM »
nice work man!!........just as someone mentioned, watch the burn on your welds. gougeing(spelling?) i believe its called.  :beer: :beer:

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 09:44:38 AM »

:beer:

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »
Gouging. Yeah, the welds are gnarly but as you said, the welder is new at it. For safety/integrity purposes I wouldnt be sending out any bars that were welded by someone who was learning. Just aint right! But the design of the bars is pretty much perfect.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 04:37:47 PM »
I like the bars alone without the integrated stem thing.

good job

Offline Robbie Belding

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 05:09:37 PM »
wow they look sweet I'm thinking of buying one of those bars. Where can I buy those?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 05:35:32 PM by BmxFlatlander09 »

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
I like the look of it.. I'm not sure about the concept though.
You guys should really put it to the test with several riders, who knows maybe even ship the damn thing free of charge to pro/sem-pro riders before releasing it to the general public.
I ain't saiyng Chimera stuff is bad quality but when you guys ask for 80€ + shipping for amateur built parts you really should make sure they won't break in a couple of months couse we can get those prices on larger companies who have whole teams of flatland riders trying out their products months and months before they decide to release 'em.

I like tha customization thought, any color and size/sweep is a must.