Author Topic: Union Ramp Park Flatland Contest - West Chester, PA  (Read 8618 times)

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
Union Ramp Park Flatland Contest - West Chester, PA
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:01:15 AM »
I just got a message from Jay Rodriguez that Union Ramp Park in West Chester, PA will have an indoor flatland contest at the park on December 15, 2007. Details to follow.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:19:38 AM by smiley »
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
  • I don't do 'tricks' I do 'illusions'
Re: Union Ramp Park Flatland Contest - West Chester, PA
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
Cool, although I am not nearly good enough to compete against anyone not even a small child.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security" --Benjamin Franklin

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »
Just got off the phone w/ Jay...

$1000 Pro Purse
$100 Pro entry fee.

Once again more details to follow.

http://www.unionramppark.com
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:05:41 PM by smiley »
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

BMXfreak

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 12:38:28 AM »
damn i wanna go but i dont know if im gonna be able to
hmm
unless i can talk my parents into driving down there with me

Offline Selected

• Hitchhiker
  • "I used to be an English major."
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:51:37 AM »
I want to go, but the contest runs so late.
I could see 8 - 12 but 10 - 2 is twilight zone.
West Chester is 130 miles from Wilkes-Barre;
I wouldn't be home until 430am.

Do you think it would be worth it to stop by
from 2 until 8?
Welcome to the truth of flatland. (Wilkes-Barre, Pa - Represent)

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 09:17:48 AM »
Bring a sleeping bag and you can crash at my house.

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »
Hey All...
 I just got back home from Union Ramp Park. Sorry I could not update everyone but the park is still waiting on their internet connection... 'edogg2k4' has posted all the info in the other post. It is all correct as far as I can remember... (I went over it w/ Jay Sunday night... BUT neither of us were sober... Side note It takes over 8 hours to build a sub box 8ft x 8ft x 16in if ur not sober... LOL) Sunday I was at the Park w/ Jay till 6am and Monday till 3am. This event will be going down. I have spoken w/ Rob (another partner at the park) about making this a yearly event. The GRAND OPENING PARTY starts Friday so if you are in the area swing through... LIVE BANDS Friday & Saturday. I will be there.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:25:29 AM by smiley »

-- McGoo

Budz

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 05:28:36 PM »
Roy, is that a round-about way of saying the BOX ramp is unsafe!?haha :P ^_^
oh...just curious...whats the cover/door charge gonna be day of the comp?
like, if we all just wanna ride and jam before hand-will we be charged regular park admission to do that?

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »
I think its gonna cost $20 to ride all day which includes the ramps and the flat area. The building is nice and warm, its a fully insulated warehouse.

-- McGoo

Budz

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 02:51:47 AM »
what if i didnt ride the ramps-still $20?

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 02:52:51 AM »
I believe so...

-- McGoo

BMXfreak

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 05:22:55 AM »
yoo roy how far away is west chester from long island
i doubt ill be aloud to drive there, ive only had my liscense since the end of june
can you even drive out of state if your only 17?

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 05:27:00 AM »
yoo roy how far away is west chester from long island
i doubt ill be aloud to drive there, ive only had my liscense since the end of june
can you even drive out of state if your only 17?

It should be under 3 hours from where you live. I got from the park to Sayville last night In about 2.5 hours. No traffic.

If you got your 'blue card' then you should have gotten your FULL License.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:29:35 AM by smiley »

-- McGoo

BMXfreak

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 05:36:08 AM »
yeah i have my full liscense cause i took drivers ed but i wasnt sure if there are still any restrictions cause im still 17 like im pretty sure you cant drive in the city unless your 18 even with a full liscense but yeah anyways 3 hours isnt bad

lol why is the contest so late at night???

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 06:02:20 AM »
yeah i have my full liscense cause i took drivers ed but i wasnt sure if there are still any restrictions cause im still 17 like im pretty sure you cant drive in the city unless your 18 even with a full liscense but yeah anyways 3 hours isnt bad

lol why is the contest so late at night???

You have no restrictions, that is the benefit of taking drivers ed. in HS. Full license at 17. You could drive to California if you felt like it. I lived and drove in NYC when I was 17.

-- McGoo