Author Topic: New Jersey!  (Read 196339 times)

Budz

Re: New Jersey!
« Reply #1230 on: May 01, 2011, 10:00:57 PM »
Not sure how recent these stats are but im sure its still at the top.

FBI recently released its list of the 25 most dangerous cities in the United States. The senseless violence is definitely getting out of hand nationwide. It’s time for a change!

Here’s the list:

1. St. Louis, MO
2. Camden, NJ
3. Detroit, MI
4. Flint, MI
5. Oakland, CA

Offline khelagger

• Backpacker
« Reply #1231 on: May 02, 2011, 02:16:55 AM »
I'm less than 10 min from camden i'd rather be lost in west or north philly than camden. Before anything else there you have to worry about the cops!!! I'm not kidding some make alonzo from training day look like roscoe petcotrain. If you're at the waterfront you should be ok though but that's it. 

Budz

« Reply #1232 on: May 02, 2011, 05:15:34 AM »

some make alonzo from training day look like roscoe petcotrain. 

LMAO! :beer:

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #1233 on: May 02, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »
The location is definitely the waterfront park. Jimmy Mac from Bulldog hit me up at the OS BBQ in Philly this weekend told me about the event and I said I'd throw some feelers out there.
So...I'll get more info on it. (Like I need to be within sight of my vehicle...)

In other news the paved area at my house is up and running and I'm still shooting for the 21st of May to have a little BBQ hangout jam get together thing.

Um...my hood is pretty mellow...
'cept for them damn BMXers...
Peace from BMXNJ

Offline carld

• Backpacker
« Reply #1234 on: May 02, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
i think you're meaning by rutgers.  

its not that bad there..  there's a train right to it, and patco's and NJtransits bus station are just down the street.   as long as we do something during the day, and the day only, it won't be bad.  At night though... RUN!  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:07:49 PM by carld »
Sorry I don't kiss ass, or care to follow, or copy.

Offline NOpurpoSE

• Backpacker
« Reply #1235 on: May 04, 2011, 01:35:52 AM »
Whats up guys. Just wanted to bring up the RV for York Jam again. So far the only people in are Budz, Ken, myself, and a possible Dave. I talked to Anthony C this weekend, but he didn't really seem interested.

Dave, I need to know if you are in or not, and I need at least one more person, preferably two. Gonna let this go about another week or so before I decide go/no go.

Keith

Offline khelagger

• Backpacker
« Reply #1236 on: May 04, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »
What's everyone going to do for the round four amflat comp in july?

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #1237 on: May 04, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
aight, i hate to kill joy but i dont think i can give a definite this soon, ill have to get days off from work for it so i dont think i can say for sure yet, if im a deciding link. how many days were you thinkin of makin it?
life is short. stunt it.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1238 on: May 04, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »

what's this?  i might be able to go.. i'm planning a vacation soon..

Keith:  when will you be needing the money for the rv?  my brother is stuck in the 20th century and he is not on GF so i will need to give him an idea so he can figure out how to get his weight up..
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline khelagger

• Backpacker
« Reply #1239 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »

Offline NOpurpoSE

• Backpacker
« Reply #1240 on: May 04, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »

what's this?  i might be able to go.. i'm planning a vacation soon..

Keith:  when will you be needing the money for the rv?  my brother is stuck in the 20th century and he is not on GF so i will need to give him an idea so he can figure out how to get his weight up..

I would say within the next 3 weeks......if we actually do it. I need solid promises from people that they are in. If I don't get that (from enough people) then this won't happen.

Keith

Budz

« Reply #1241 on: May 05, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »
My dudes, Ive made a very tough decision today...

Im putting the bike away for a while, cuz my back isnt really getting any better.

Sorry, ya probably wont see me out for some time...not goin to 1300 for sure...I cant tell how Ill be for the WooWoo/bmxnj Jam/BBQ, York, Tuner, etc.

I cant bring myself to go somewhere and not be able to ride.

Keith, Im still down to help you with that thing u asked me about today, but thats gotta be about the extent of my being around the bmx til im(if im) ok to ride again.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1242 on: May 05, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
i hope you feel better bro.. even if you're directing behind the camera or giving us technical input on parts we need you whether you're rolling or just rocking..

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #1243 on: May 05, 2011, 07:19:24 PM »
New Jersey!
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »   
just curious who else(if anyone)is from NJ?!
im now located in Toms River,NJ...about 5 minutes from the Incline Club/Staff mail order in Lakewood.
i ride in north Jersey sometimes in (E-Town)Elizebeth,(Da Bricks)Newark, and Belleville areas with Kool-Aide and Jon Ortiz. and when i can-i hit up NYC for a sesh. tho i havent gotten up there lately.
got some good spots around here too, so if ur gonna be in the area..u know what to do. im off of exit 88 on the GS-PKWY...from there its 10 mins to my house off of route 70 west.
anyone in Jersey? hit me up! lets ride!

Almost 4 years ago and 83 pages started with you posting one simple question on this site. Right up to now NJ stays at the top of the Rider Hookup board because someone decided to get out there and say what's up.

Getting older is not easy and the injuries we racked up getting BMX and its many disciplines to this point begin to take their toll and as I have experienced as well, it puts the thought in your mind, "how much longer can I go?"

That's really what all of us older guys are going through, how long can we do this? We were the first generation to try this and here we are muddling into middle age realizing that no matter our span of years on the planet BMX is something that we have to do.

Myself, I've come to realize that what I can do on a bike doesn't matter as much as it used to. More important now is making sure that I get the message out about this whole thing. Not everyone agrees with that some would like to keep things underground, hidden, but I'm not and never have been that way. I always wanted people to know what was up with BMX and all it encompasses. So now as I get older and my knees give out and the links get old school and shorter, I take some satisfaction with me that I can give back to something that meant so much to me.

Which leads me back to ya Bud. One post on an internet board and a whole new scene of flatland BMX began to crop back up in NJ. 4 years later and the body is starting to say things that your mind and heart don't wanna hear. But it's gonna happen to us all sooner or later.

Thing is though, that over these past 4 years, you've sort of grown beyond just being "Budz" who rides flat, to the guy who kept pushing and prodding people, using the newest form of communication, the net, to make a scene happen.

Though quiet in real life, you have the ability on these boards to make things seem larger than life.

Adam G is right about what he said on FB. Your ability to write should be utilized in the way you know how. Bring a recorder to events, b.s. with everyone, get thoughts down and put them up to recap. Stay involved in what you care about. You've sort of earned that right by putting yourself out there to begin with.

I know it's rough to be at an event and not be on a bike, every time I am at a comp the thought enters my head..."go ride", but now, I reply with, "more important to make sure the next generation gets what they deserve."

Physically riding may not be what you are fully capable of but that doesn't mean the scene no longer needs you. There's a lot to do and it needs people who have the passion for it to get done.

You are much more important than you realize to the scene... because as shown by the post that I started with, you sort of started the creation of this new scene.

I always found it sort of funny that a guy I had never heard of before was a driving force behind the NJ flat scene who was around at the same time as riders like, Jay Jones, Sean Leslie, Craig LePage, but they all moved away from flat...and you stuck it out, broken back and all...
I'm telling ya a bad day of being around BMX and not riding will always be better than a great day of just working and wishing you were somewhere near BMX...
Peace from BMXNJ

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1244 on: May 06, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »
Seriously Brett very well said :beer: