Author Topic: New Jersey!  (Read 198042 times)

Budz

Re: New Jersey!
« Reply #915 on: March 20, 2010, 05:29:39 AM »
...nothing like waiting til the last second.... :huh:...... :P...... ;D....... ^_^

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #916 on: March 20, 2010, 05:34:39 AM »
Sunday 12pm same place and same time!!!
 :ph34r:

louisflat

« Reply #917 on: March 20, 2010, 06:39:19 PM »
My buddy and I might come out tomorrow.

Budz

« Reply #918 on: March 20, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
cleaned my car out today. was just toooo nice out not to do something.
pretty stiff right now, but i think ill roll thru Say-town manana anyway.
will know for sure in the AM.

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #919 on: March 20, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »
Not sure what I should do tomorrow. The weather is going to be awesome but, I have a sh*tload of things to do at home. I might have to pass tomorrow due to grown-up thangs. :( I'll know by the AM as well...

louisflat

« Reply #920 on: March 21, 2010, 03:19:18 AM »
Do grown up things later.

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #921 on: March 21, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
I will not be making it out today. Sorry everyone :(

Offline tehdisciple

• Forkglider
« Reply #922 on: March 21, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
Hey guys, where is the local spot? Is it over in sayreville somewhere? Cause i'd love to make it out eventually, can't this week and can't over spring break, but soon enough i'll get over there haha.

louisflat

« Reply #923 on: March 21, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
i'm not going today. I'm going to Hightstown to ride with my buddy instead.

Budz

« Reply #924 on: March 21, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
bloody humbug! :(
the weather we've all been dreaming of for months, and no one is gonna meet up and play!? was actually thinking of bringin my bike today. guess ill stay local too then.
 maybe take a shyt in front of the "Jersey Shore" house in Seaside...if i can get past all the swarming high school kids that is. :P yea all the high school and grade school kids swarm out there...i fear for our future. :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:37:14 PM by Budz(creepin in the parkin lot) »

louisflat

« Reply #925 on: March 22, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »
Don't know about anybody else, but I rode with Erin today for three hours.
She said she is going to come out on April Third to see Gabe and all them.

Budz

« Reply #926 on: March 22, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »
Don't know about anybody else, but I rode with Erin today for three hours.
She said she is going to come out on April Third to see Gabe and all them.
word! :mellow:

i pedaled around for a while yesterday...still not feeling like tryin anything yet, but pedaling was better than nothing i guess...eh who am i kidding, it was a total bummer to pedal but not to RIDE ride. :(

also stopped by Asbury Park yesterday afternoon to scope the jam spot for April 17th. Brett, i gotta talk to u dude. um...yea...ill talk to ya later today hopefully. in all honesty, i think after this jam/party, maybe think about scrapping Asbury as a place to ride. i mean, street comps, etc- sure thing. but flatland- not so much. we might be better off ridin the parking lot across from the Stone Pony instead of the Carousel. took some pics. ill get em up later.

time for everyone to get out and start scouting new spots! :mellow:

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #927 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »
It's all good. We can pretty much use where we want that day. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Peace from BMXNJ

Budz

« Reply #928 on: March 23, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
It's all good. We can pretty much use where we want that day. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.
not that securing that spot isnt totally appreciated, it totally IS! but actually checkin spots out before throwin a jam is always good practice. ;)
thought maybe it still opened up into the larger inner area of the old arcade but its not. turns out its just the round carousel part which, even with just 10 riders, would be cramped space. its smooth like i remember it being back in the day, but the middle is lumped up from where the old carousel was mounted, only leaving the outer perimeter to ride. there is also about an inch of pigeon shyt and dirt on the floor. gonna take a lot of scraping, scrubbing, mopping, cleaning, etc to get it ridable...all the poo poses some health concerns too. even if cleaned, there are still tons of pigeons up in the rafters which will be raining warm ones on peoples heads all day.
very kool idea to host it there,(im a sucker for historic architecture myself) but its wasnt very well thought out.
hope im not sounding like a c*ck, just my opinion on it.
will get a pic or 2 up if my card reader decides to work in this lifetime. :rolleyes:

so i mean, whats the plan? gonna try following thru with that spot anyway...make the best of it? or gonna try securing another place/spot?

Budz

« Reply #929 on: March 23, 2010, 02:36:22 PM »
lookin at the pics again...the lumpiness in the middle part may just be dirt and bird sh*t. :huh:
if we can get in there the day before, or even early the day of to clean up really good, it might work out ok. but it NEEDS to be cleaned. if it turns out its a no go, the lot next to the Stone Pony could work too(weather permitting). couldnt get a good feel for the carousel parking lot cause it was packed with cars when i went. looked sort of ok tho. would need a blower for sure to remove rocks and sand.

heres a few pics...inside Carousel building, exterior of Carousel building, and lot near Stone Pony which is sloped in areas but smooth enough.